Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Anyone having problem with the new trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1518858-anyone-having-problem-with-the-new-trucks.html)

Top_Speed1 12-08-2017 08:01 AM

Being that "if" this is a real issue; I agree you got a lemon. It happens with every brand, and granted most here will say their truck is perfect, this must be "fake news" or maybe an anomaly or just plain bad luck. Well, it sucks when it finally does happen and you're the victim, my heart goes out to you and hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. Nothing sickens the stomach like peeling out piles of hard earned cash for a bucket of lemons.

roadpilot 12-08-2017 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by DRKBC (Post 17643368)
Living in BC I can attest to the fact going off road in this province is not easy on vehicles nor is the logging industry. This truck will probably see more real work in a month than most of ours will see in their lifetime - but that is what Ford tells us these trucks are born to do.

So driving off road in a province is more work than hauling a 20K+ pound RV or triple-axle toy hauler around the country?

DRKBC 12-08-2017 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by roadpilot (Post 17643413)
So driving off road in a province is more work than hauling a 20K+ pound RV or triple-axle toy hauler around the country?

I was really talking more about the personal attack on the member.

But to answer your question, his main problems have been to do with the steering. Yes I would think driving off road in harsh conditions with a load on would be harder on the steering components than pulling a 20K RV. But honestly, I don't want to fight about who uses there truck harder that wasn't my point.

Speyman 12-08-2017 03:25 PM

I have the 6.2 with the 430 gears and haven't had any issues with my truck it pulls my 7500 pound travel trailer like it's not even there I love this truck sorry to hear your having problems with yours.

loggerkev 12-09-2017 08:19 AM

Back to the drawing bord hear steering screwed up all over guess it will be another 9 weeks with out a truck. i'm considering trading in for something without adaptive steering. seems like its the gear and motor in steering wheel causing my grief. gonna start looking around ford has only offer to fix it and not just swap out to a new truck.

DRKBC 12-09-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by loggerkev (Post 17644848)
Back to the drawing bord hear steering screwed up all over guess it will be another 9 weeks with out a truck. i'm considering trading in for something without adaptive steering. seems like its the gear and motor in steering wheel causing my grief. gonna start looking around ford has only offer to fix it and not just swap out to a new truck.

The dealer should be able to take it back on trade against another truck without the adaptive steering - they should make it right. I might start by telling the dealer that you are going to list your problems to date on their social media. Nothing that is fabricated or exaggerated just the facts and how it has affected you work wise etc. Sometimes just the discussion about going to that step greases the wheels a little bit. If they still refuse to do anything then I would put it up on there social media and also let Ford know (prior so they have a chance to get involved) that you are about to do so.

DSLTRK60 12-09-2017 01:59 PM

Yeah, I'd be livid at that point, and contacting an attorney. 9 weeks to fix a problem that keeps occurring is lemon law status. Would only accept an even trade value for it.

Bflo 12-09-2017 04:06 PM

Transmission problems

i have 300 miles on my 2017 F250 and had to have it towed to the dealership today, the truck was making a loud clicking noise underneath truck, called dealership and they asked if I could make it to them, and then it made a clunk and just idled after that like it was in neutral, and had to pull over to the side of the road and put E brake on cause it would not go into park, it would just roll back, wtf!! My old 2003 never had a problem!! Not happy during this snow storm, my new plow sitting making no money

Omega Man 12-09-2017 04:53 PM

I never wanted adaptive steering to begin with, and after reading this I'm glad my truck doesn't have it.

Really hope they make this right for ya. I also can't believe they don't have loaner trucks. My dealership has loaners just for these situations

Bflo 12-09-2017 05:02 PM

Thanks Omega Man me too,
wonder what it could be

KIKKUP 12-09-2017 05:09 PM

I am hurting to hear this experience and hope you get a new lemon free truck. For many of us, these are huge expenses and yours is not one any new owner should need to go through. I would suggest gathering all of your documentation, dates and dealership responses and reaching out to Ford customer service at a much higher level. Unfortunately sometimes you'll need to get quite vocal over your dissatisfaction. I was actually thinking of ordering a Gas CC with 4.30 gears only because they can't be found on lots. I'd hate to wait a couple of months to get it, pay 50 large and then have this happen. No way.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Bflo 12-09-2017 05:22 PM

Thanks KIKKUP
YA ITS A BUMMER THEY GAVE ME A FORD FOCUS
CANT MAKE THE DRIVEWAY OR PLOW WITH THAT LOL

loggerkev 12-12-2017 11:50 PM

Well waiting on Ford head office so far they have been useless throw this whole deal.
Truck still has problems dealer cant do anything they tell me. Adaptive steering fault lights been on and off wile turning the steering wheel a click sound and a feel like a broken gear the steering wheel keeps going off center like its not connected to the steering shaft.
I am no longer allowed in the ford dealer hear I made a big scene since they have offer zero fix or buy backs. Spoke with dodge and Chevy the trade in only worth 48k its to much of a lost in my eyes to go this way. Really wish Ford would just fix it so it stayed fixed / or swap it for another model with out adaptive steering / or buy it back.
not sure why its so much to ask for a reliable truck when i just spent 70+k.

Buliwyf 12-13-2017 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Remmy (Post 17639175)
Smells like a Troll....but I've been wrong before ;-)

Kinda. Have to give the OP the benefit of the doubt. It's entirely possible that the OP is cool, but is getting lumped in and treated like all the other pipeline and logging Martians. "I'm a pipeline guy" is not something you ever want to say to a mechanic.

But I'd like to hear the other side of the story. Some pipeline and logging guys can't keep a truck running. They just don't have a mechanics touch that keeps trucks alive. Some people just slaughter the truck off road.

I'd avoid the truck cost $$$$, it should do this:, attitude. That doesn't work in a BMW shop, won't work at a Ford garage either. Just let the broken truck speak for its self. I have tons of customer that make unreasonable requests because X cost $$$, it gets old.

Chances are the dealer saw the mud and dinged up skid plates before they got a "bad attitude". Getting banned from the dealer is another red flag LOLz.

Sorry OP. Just sell it as soon as the steering gets fixed. I'd love to tell you that you'd have better luck with GMC or Dodge, but it's the same thing, different badges. It would be a lot nicer if the other dealer would just fix it.

Next time, get the XL or XLT that has only proven old technology. Avoid most new tech. Lariats with new wizz bang new steering are not a good choice for pipeline work.

blk17250 12-13-2017 10:19 AM

With all due respect to the OP I am having a hard time believing this thread is for real. I guess the thing that makes me doubt it most is his claim that the paint is peeling off a 2 month old truck...come on.

But anyway... if you are out in the timber jumping over logs and plowing off in ruts and mud holes throwing rooster tails of mud in the air then maybe adaptive steering is misapplied in that scenario and is the reason the dealer is being resistant on helping solve your problem as they see it as abuse.

I am on my 5th 250 since 99 and have never spent one nickle on any of them past routine maintenance, i.e. fuel filters and oil changes. Maybe I am wrong but I would surmise my success with a 250 might be due to the fact I leave them alone and drive them, bone stock.

I only recently joined this forum but it seems every other thread is "why is my truck doing this or that and oh by the way it's lifted 6-8" with 37 tires".

It reminds me of the Shelby forum I belong to. I have a 2014 Shelby, bone stock, with 662 HP, which believe me is plenty of hp but I am always reading about these young guys that have to "mod" it before the paint is dry, putting a different tune in or changing the blower pulley so they can turn the wick up to 800-900-1000 hp and then wonder why is my clutch slipping? Why did I bend the driveshaft when I dumped the clutch at 5000 rpm? Why is my transmission broke? Why is a rod sticking out of the side of my block? Okay, I'll get off my soapbox.