Anyone having problem with the new trucks - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone having problem with the new trucks

Old 12-06-2017, 07:45 PM
New User

loggerkev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone having problem with the new trucks

Hello
I joined recently in hopes to find answers.
Hears my experiences so far
2017 F350 Lariat 6.2 gas ccsb
-8 steering failures
-3 engine problems
-bad paint job
-worse customer services have delt with
I will explain in brief as possible owned truck for 2.5 months was only derivable for 14 days so far major problems with steering twice the steering wheel 90 degree from center 2 power steering pumps went one gear box stripped dealer had no knowledge with the adaptive steering and accused me of lyeing . Ford customer services is the worst I have ever delt with. No loaner truck wile it was down causing a loss of $10,000 in wages and lost my job over it.
Every time the truck has failed in the bush ether heading to logging block or hunting. Paint is a poor quality seems like not enough prep was done peeling bad. Last it took 8 weeks but everything from steering wheel to gear box was replaced just got it back and still has problems. Was informed that a spring on the adaptive steering in the steering wheel had a spring snap that caused the most of the problem. The part that makes me the most mad is we bought 2 trucks in one week from Caribou Ford hear in Quesnel B.C worth $140,000 and the way I got treated by both dealer and ford customer service. The motor has blown black smoke like a diesel 3 times now dont believe that normal for a gas it is gutless as well. Now faced with decision of cutting loss buying a Chevy or a Dodge over this.
Anyone else experiencing problems when using there super duty like a truck.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Senior User

DSLTRK60 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loggerkev View Post
Hello
I joined recently in hopes to find answers.
Hears my experiences so far
2017 F350 Lariat 6.2 gas ccsb
-8 steering failures
-3 engine problems
-bad paint job
-worse customer services have delt with
I will explain in brief as possible owned truck for 2.5 months was only derivable for 14 days so far major problems with steering twice the steering wheel 90 degree from center 2 power steering pumps went one gear box stripped dealer had no knowledge with the adaptive steering and accused me of lyeing . Ford customer services is the worst I have ever delt with. No loaner truck wile it was down causing a loss of $10,000 in wages and lost my job over it.
Every time the truck has failed in the bush ether heading to logging block or hunting. Paint is a poor quality seems like not enough prep was done peeling bad. Last it took 8 weeks but everything from steering wheel to gear box was replaced just got it back and still has problems. Was informed that a spring on the adaptive steering in the steering wheel had a spring snap that caused the most of the problem. The part that makes me the most mad is we bought 2 trucks in one week from Caribou Ford hear in Quesnel B.C worth $140,000 and the way I got treated by both dealer and ford customer service. The motor has blown black smoke like a diesel 3 times now dont believe that normal for a gas it is gutless as well. Now faced with decision of cutting loss buying a Chevy or a Dodge over this.
Anyone else experiencing problems when using there super duty like a truck.
Lol you got a lemon.

Nary an issue with almost the same exact powertrain as you with my truck. Whether you get a RAM GM or another Ford, the probability you will have this severe of issue again is nil.

Does Canada have a buyback program? Sounds like your lemon easily qualifies.

I can tell you for sure your truck is an anomaly, the vast majority probably close to 99% have no significant issues with these trucks.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Senior User

First Dually is starting off with a positive reputation.
Customer services can vary greatly dealer to dealer...but in the grand scheme of things, Chevy/Ram/Ford customer service is pretty similar.

I'd try another dealer if possible.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:34 PM
New User

keith86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My situation is not as bad as yours but I have a 2 month old ccsb 6.2l with a engine idle noise that the dealer can't figure out. It sounds fine idling but every 4-5mins it starts making a loud clicking noise for about 30-45 seconds then it goes back to normal. My dealer has changed all tensioner's and pulleys and wants to tear down the engine now to figure it out. But I'm on the fence and don't want a brand new truck that has had engine work done. This is my first ford since 2005 and starting to wish I'd kept my 2015 Chevrolet.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Senior User

Remmy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smells like a Troll....but I've been wrong before ;-)
Old 12-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Senior User

Omega Man has a good reputation on FTE.Omega Man has a good reputation on FTE.
Mine has been great, sorry to hear you're having these problems. It's been my observation that most people have an overwhelmingly positive experience with the 6.2.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Senior User

River Wild is starting off with a positive reputation.
6200mi and no issues. 6.2 runs great and pulls hard. I don't have a lot of fancy stuff on mine for a reason. Great truck.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:17 PM
Freshman User

CBEllis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
Smells like a Troll....but I've been wrong before ;-)
...agreed. Smells fishy to me...
Old 12-06-2017, 11:57 PM
New User

loggerkev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLTRK60 View Post
Lol you got a lemon.

Nary an issue with almost the same exact powertrain as you with my truck. Whether you get a RAM GM or another Ford, the probability you will have this severe of issue again is nil.

Does Canada have a buyback program? Sounds like your lemon easily qualifies.

I can tell you for sure your truck is an anomaly, the vast majority probably close to 99% have no significant issues with these trucks.
No buy back program in Canada I have looked at legal actions with very little options I can take. Yea its a lemon alright we have a few other loggers around running these trucks with no issues. Believe the main computer is causing allot of it since when they looked into it half of the programming was missing. We are gonna Take it to PG Motors in Prince Gorge B.C Next. Will take it out tomorrow again and see how it does. It would be great if we had better lemon laws. my last f150 that was a lemon ford exchanged the truck for another since then I had 4 other new ford trucks no issues.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:57 AM
Posting Guru

T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.
I'd trade it back to the selling dealer and try to get a deal.
I'd take the hit. Life's too short.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:25 AM
Senior User

George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smells like a dealer who you should never visit again.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Pickup Trucker

ExDakotaOwner has a good reputation on FTE.ExDakotaOwner has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Dually View Post
Customer services can vary greatly dealer to dealer...but in the grand scheme of things, Chevy/Ram/Ford customer service is pretty similar.

I'd try another dealer if possible.
This. I drive 20 mins to another county to a different Ford dealership when theres one a few miles from me. World of difference in dealerships.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Senior User

HouseMouse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HouseMouse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine has been bullet-proof. Suspect a troll post also......
Old 12-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Senior User

triniexr is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can try taking them to small claims court or contacting CAMVAP which is an arbitrator.

Agreement For Arbitration - CAMVAP
Old 12-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Freshman User

zelinadc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow! I have a CC Premium XLT - zero issues at nearly 10k. Seems very odd the computer was not fully programmed AND it left the factory that way.... I cant believe Ford doesn't check the software install before it leaves the factory. Something is not right here...