Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Carpet benefits (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1511335-carpet-benefits.html)

Muddy1 10-11-2017 06:34 AM

Carpet benefits

I'm getting my 2018 F-350 CCLB diesel truck order ready to go. The question of carpet or no carpet has come up. The only advantage that I could see carpet serving would be any noise dampening. I have searched the forum for the question but was unable to dig one up.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Thanks for your time and input!

tibadoe 10-11-2017 06:49 AM

I've had carpet in all my vehicles since I started driving. Always looked nice but harder to keep clean IMO. This is the first truck/vehicle I've had that has the vinyl floor. I like it, looks good, and it is easier to clean. I was afraid it would look cheap but it doesn't. Don't notice any more noise by not having carpet. Ford must put a padding under the vinyl maybe. Last week I added the Front & Rear Husky Liners (post #431) which also look nice and add containment under my feet.

Tom N OH 10-11-2017 07:05 AM

There is padding under the vinyl floor to help reduce noise & add insulation value. I ordered my 2017 with the vinyl floor because I work for the hwy dept here & always have salt on my shoes when I get in the truck in the winter. The vinyl is much easier to clean. We have it in all of our trucks at work.

j759ll 10-11-2017 07:44 AM

I ordered my Lariat with the carpet delete and it is the best thing to do no increase in noise and looks great easier to clean IMO.

bushpilot 10-11-2017 07:50 AM

I think it depends on how/what you use the truck for.
not having carpet could diminish the ability to resell.

Mine is not a farm truck, its a capable luxury vehicle - a long range driver...I dont even use weather type floor mats, I use Lloyd (luxuriously thick) carpet mats.

LiquidSteam 10-11-2017 07:53 AM

I used to have vinyl floors and decided to go with carpet this time. I find the carpet much easier to keep looking clean. With carpet you just vacuum and your done. With vinyl you have to vacuum and then wipe the floors down otherwise they look dirty. If you're ok with dirty looking floors then I guess it doesn't matter. I will say that the "salt" point is valid. If your around salt often it can sort of stain the black carpet. Those are my pros and cons.

Herb Brooks 10-11-2017 10:27 AM

We ordered carpet delete. Lariat package and all. Cows and horses, well there "stuff" will stain carpet. And seems to linger even after cleaning. With vinyl, sweep and wash like a kitchen floor no problem.

Thenewboss 10-11-2017 11:19 AM

After going vinyl I see no benefit with having carpet in a truck. Any carpeted truck I have ever owned I just turned around and installed expensive vinyl mats that cover 99% of the carpet anyway, seemed silly to me so I do the carpet delete now.

Thanatos41 10-11-2017 12:14 PM

I went with the carpet delete and factory all weather mats. Easy to maintain, and no difference in noise level that I can discern. The vinyl with the KR leather looks fine and I don't feel it will negatively affect resale value. I cannot attest to how it looks with a lighter interior color.

bushpilot 10-11-2017 12:23 PM

if you go with the "carpet delete" option you can always add (removable) carpet mats over the "delete".

tortue71 10-11-2017 12:30 PM

The noise does not increase.. carpet delete is the way to go really

KubotaOrange76 10-11-2017 12:39 PM

they have the same insulation under them, sound is the same, im glad they finally offer the carpet delete across all the trim levels. think about it, people that have carpet in their trucks buy mats to cover as much of the carpet as possible with ruubber or vinyl.

Ive never understood the point, loving the carpet delete in my 17', had it in a 2006 ford, 2002 ford, have it in my 87, 78 and my wife's 17. had carpet in my two dodges because i could not locate one with vinyl and swapping to vinyl was cost prohbitive

grege 10-11-2017 12:47 PM

Are there any pictures of a truck showing the carpet delete? Curious what the vinyl looks like.

f350ktm 10-11-2017 01:05 PM

I ended up ordering mine with carpet but got to see a vinyl equipped truck while looking to buy.

The vinyl in that KR was very high quality and seemed to be well padded.

The wife wanted carpet since this will with time be a retirement travel vehicle but also serves multipurpose uses including property maintenance.
I would be completely satisfied with the vinyl.

tibadoe 10-11-2017 02:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by grege (Post 17520021)
Are there any pictures of a truck showing the carpet delete? Curious what the vinyl looks like.

Took these last week.
Front Seat view from driver side:
Attachment 287265

Front Seat view from passenger side:
Attachment 287266

2nd Seat view from driver side:
Attachment 287267

2nd Seat view from passenger side:
Attachment 287268