Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   What accessories do you hook to upfitter switch? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1464410-what-accessories-do-you-hook-to-upfitter-switch.html)

farmcotton 11-29-2016 07:34 PM

What accessories do you hook to upfitter switch?

Just curious on what some of you hook to your upfitter switches!

DingusKhan 11-29-2016 07:43 PM

I plan on adding an ARB Dual air compressor and a HAM radio. They will both be on a "truck on" switch. With all of the LED lights coming on my Lariat Unlimited I doubt I'll add any off road lights. I don't off road at night. Even in my Jeep.
And since my farm is all in drip irrigation, I don't have to drive around and check the field at night. I just pull that up on my computer. :)

ssoundwave 11-29-2016 07:53 PM

Amber emergency strobe lights, flood work lights...

Mgjfam 11-29-2016 07:53 PM

I plan to control my Boss V snowplow - lights on one switch and power to the plow on another.

Third switch maybe...I believe you can buy a tiny air compressor to inflate rear axle air bags....might do this but I need to do some research.

17 Oaks 11-29-2016 07:57 PM

Valentine 1 Radar Detector and an Aux 7" monitor with input from my camera on the back of my 5th wheel.

191124x7 11-29-2016 08:05 PM

HAM radio or two and an onboard compressor to reinflate tires if I air them down. I'd love to have a winch and light bar, but can't find compatible accessories for my truck yet. In truth, I don't off road at night either, but with all the craziness going on these days, you never know...

fidel.medrano 11-29-2016 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by farmcotton (Post 16756640)
Just curious on what some of you hook to your upfitter switches!

just gonna throw this out. Pretty sure I've seen this exact topic at least twice in the last 2 months. Check out the search feature. Their are a ton of useful posts beyond page 1.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...rchid=23526427

farmcotton 11-29-2016 09:15 PM

I did a search. But most everything that came up was on wiring, and adding switches.

I I was thinking about some rock lights and some safety strobe lights. For following equipment in. But could you hook safety lights to one? Every truck I have seen with them had their own control panel for different patterns.

vandoc 11-29-2016 11:33 PM

I've got my dash cam and front parking sensors hooked up to the switches.

DingusKhan 11-29-2016 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by 17 Oaks (Post 16756706)
Valentine 1 Radar Detector and an Aux 7" monitor with input from my camera on the back of my 5th wheel.

Oops. Forgot the Valentine 1. I have to order another wiring kit for the new truck.

puckett_jw 11-30-2016 12:01 AM

I put the power to my AMP running boards on mine, so that I could turn them off either out or in.

Arctic_Wolf 11-30-2016 01:50 AM

I'm going to add a back-up alarm and wire it into the upfitter switch (instead of automatically when in reverse), because I don't need or want it 99% of the time, but when somebody isn't paying any attention in a parking lot and I need to manoeuvre the truck near them, it is very useful.

I've found that people often get pissy when they get honked at, even if its to save them or their kids from getting run over. The back-up alarm is more neutral -- people think it comes on automatically in reverse.

Uzumati 11-30-2016 05:58 AM

Once I get some time I'm gonna wire 1switch to the EIC module using the pass through wires to get an on demand high idle switch.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-256.pdf

felix4 11-30-2016 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by 191124x7 (Post 16756724)
HAM radio or two and an onboard compressor to reinflate tires if I air them down. I'd love to have a winch and light bar, but can't find compatible accessories for my truck yet. In truth, I don't off road at night either, but with all the craziness going on these days, you never know...

No need to go off road at night to have a light bar. Driving on the back roads and deer running around is why I ordered one. Had at least a 6 point go across the road in front of me last night bringing the truck home from the dealer.

Originally Posted by Arctic_Wolf (Post 16757361)
I'm going to add a back-up alarm and wire it into the upfitter switch (instead of automatically when in reverse), because I don't need or want it 99% of the time, but when somebody isn't paying any attention in a parking lot and I need to manoeuvre the truck near them, it is very useful.

I've found that people often get pissy when they get honked at, even if its to save them or their kids from getting run over. The back-up alarm is more neutral -- people think it comes on automatically in reverse.

That's not a bad idea.

ssoundwave 11-30-2016 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by farmcotton (Post 16756954)
I was thinking about some rock lights and some safety strobe lights. For following equipment in. But could you hook safety lights to one? Every truck I have seen with them had their own control panel for different patterns.

There are manny kinds of set ups, and yes most have there own board and with most boards when powering them it remembers it's last settings including the on position so you can put the little controller elts where or hide it and use the upfitter switch to control it, but I do recommend having the controller with in eye line or at least have something wired in the truck to let you know there on! With my old 2016, I would get all kinds of funny looks then realize that they have been on all day oops! Lol