2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

What accessories do you hook to upfitter switch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 07:34 PM
farmcotton
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What accessories do you hook to upfitter switch?

Just curious on what some of you hook to your upfitter switches!

Old 11-29-2016, 07:43 PM
DingusKhan
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I plan on adding an ARB Dual air compressor and a HAM radio. They will both be on a "truck on" switch. With all of the LED lights coming on my Lariat Unlimited I doubt I'll add any off road lights. I don't off road at night. Even in my Jeep.
And since my farm is all in drip irrigation, I don't have to drive around and check the field at night. I just pull that up on my computer.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:53 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Amber emergency strobe lights, flood work lights...

Old 11-29-2016, 07:53 PM
Mgjfam
Senior User
I plan to control my Boss V snowplow - lights on one switch and power to the plow on another.

Third switch maybe...I believe you can buy a tiny air compressor to inflate rear axle air bags....might do this but I need to do some research.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:57 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Valentine 1 Radar Detector and an Aux 7" monitor with input from my camera on the back of my 5th wheel.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:05 PM
191124x7
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HAM radio or two and an onboard compressor to reinflate tires if I air them down. I'd love to have a winch and light bar, but can't find compatible accessories for my truck yet. In truth, I don't off road at night either, but with all the craziness going on these days, you never know...

Old 11-29-2016, 08:09 PM
fidel.medrano
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by farmcotton
Just curious on what some of you hook to your upfitter switches!

just gonna throw this out. Pretty sure I've seen this exact topic at least twice in the last 2 months. Check out the search feature. Their are a ton of useful posts beyond page 1.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...rchid=23526427

Old 11-29-2016, 09:15 PM
farmcotton
New User
I did a search. But most everything that came up was on wiring, and adding switches.

I I was thinking about some rock lights and some safety strobe lights. For following equipment in. But could you hook safety lights to one? Every truck I have seen with them had their own control panel for different patterns.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:33 PM
vandoc
Freshman User
I've got my dash cam and front parking sensors hooked up to the switches.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:43 PM
DingusKhan
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
Valentine 1 Radar Detector and an Aux 7" monitor with input from my camera on the back of my 5th wheel.
Oops. Forgot the Valentine 1. I have to order another wiring kit for the new truck.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:01 AM
puckett_jw
Senior User
I put the power to my AMP running boards on mine, so that I could turn them off either out or in.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:50 AM
Arctic_Wolf
Junior User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm going to add a back-up alarm and wire it into the upfitter switch (instead of automatically when in reverse), because I don't need or want it 99% of the time, but when somebody isn't paying any attention in a parking lot and I need to manoeuvre the truck near them, it is very useful.

I've found that people often get pissy when they get honked at, even if its to save them or their kids from getting run over. The back-up alarm is more neutral -- people think it comes on automatically in reverse.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:58 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Once I get some time I'm gonna wire 1switch to the EIC module using the pass through wires to get an on demand high idle switch.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-256.pdf

Old 11-30-2016, 06:07 AM
felix4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 191124x7
HAM radio or two and an onboard compressor to reinflate tires if I air them down. I'd love to have a winch and light bar, but can't find compatible accessories for my truck yet. In truth, I don't off road at night either, but with all the craziness going on these days, you never know...
No need to go off road at night to have a light bar. Driving on the back roads and deer running around is why I ordered one. Had at least a 6 point go across the road in front of me last night bringing the truck home from the dealer.

Originally Posted by Arctic_Wolf
I'm going to add a back-up alarm and wire it into the upfitter switch (instead of automatically when in reverse), because I don't need or want it 99% of the time, but when somebody isn't paying any attention in a parking lot and I need to manoeuvre the truck near them, it is very useful.

I've found that people often get pissy when they get honked at, even if its to save them or their kids from getting run over. The back-up alarm is more neutral -- people think it comes on automatically in reverse.
That's not a bad idea.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:32 AM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by farmcotton
I was thinking about some rock lights and some safety strobe lights. For following equipment in. But could you hook safety lights to one? Every truck I have seen with them had their own control panel for different patterns.
There are manny kinds of set ups, and yes most have there own board and with most boards when powering them it remembers it's last settings including the on position so you can put the little controller elts where or hide it and use the upfitter switch to control it, but I do recommend having the controller with in eye line or at least have something wired in the truck to let you know there on! With my old 2016, I would get all kinds of funny looks then realize that they have been on all day oops! Lol

Quick Reply: What accessories do you hook to upfitter switch?