Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997 - 2003 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum25/)
-   -   lifted 2000 f150 with bad lean to driver side (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1445036-lifted-2000-f150-with-bad-lean-to-driver-side.html)

cglow1 07-21-2016 03:12 AM

lifted 2000 f150 with bad lean to driver side

Hey everyone, I have a 2000 f150 with a 3 in body lift and a 3 in spindle lift that was always level up until i let my roommate borrow it. He claims that he hit the center divider with both front left wheel and rear wheel doing 40 mph. The truck had both wheels on the divider.. After he told me this, i looked over the truck and found that it was noticeably leaning to the driver side. To make it short: I replaced lower a arm, replaced shock and put in new sway bar bushings, but it is still leaning..The whole truck is leaning to the driver side, not just the rear, front too. The difference is about 2 in front and back..Is it possible the frame got bent, or is it more likely the leaf spring is damaged? No visible damage can be seen and they were able to align it with no issues... If it is the spring, can i use a shim or block to level it, or should i get a new set of springs all together.. Any Input will be appreciated

Sam I Am 07-21-2016 10:05 AM

Was he sliding sideways when he hit it?

Travis S 07-22-2016 08:39 AM

lifted 2000 f150 with bad lean to driver side

Originally Posted by cglow1 (Post 16439941)
Hey everyone, I have a 2000 f150 with a 3 in body lift and a 3 in spindle lift that was always level up until i let my roommate borrow it. He claims that he hit the center divider with both front left wheel and rear wheel doing 40 mph. The truck had both wheels on the divider.. After he told me this, i looked over the truck and found that it was noticeably leaning to the driver side. To make it short: I replaced lower a arm, replaced shock and put in new sway bar bushings, but it is still leaning..The whole truck is leaning to the driver side, not just the rear, front too. The difference is about 2 in front and back..Is it possible the frame got bent, or is it more likely the leaf spring is damaged? No visible damage can be seen and they were able to align it with no issues... If it is the spring, can i use a shim or block to level it, or should i get a new set of springs all together.. Any Input will be appreciated

If it is both the front and rear left corners that are 2 inches lower than the rest, I would suspect frame damage too. However, it would also be discernible with buckled sheet metal on the body, such as on the floor pans. this is due to the dimensions between mounts changing as a result of the frame being distorted.

Go over the ENTIRE truck's cab & bed with a fine-tooth comb, looking for any wrinkles underneath. Bed would be more visible from the top