Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Build Day (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1442611-build-day.html)

Azuretruck 07-30-2016 12:05 AM

Any update on ok to ship date

SwensonBarrettBunch 07-30-2016 08:19 AM

My truck was built on the 15th of July. My dealer had a ETA of this week. In their computer it is showing in storage. Ford's chat line shows a ETA of July 31st. I think we are waiting for the "OK to ship" from Ford. Mine will be the first truck that my dealer gets. VIN 13144

BGWN 07-30-2016 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SwensonBarrettBunch (Post 16460572)
My truck was built on the 15th of July. My dealer had a ETA of this week. In their computer it is showing in storage. Ford's chat line shows a ETA of July 31st. I think we are waiting for the "OK to ship" from Ford. Mine will be the first truck that my dealer gets. VIN 13144

Just so there aren't any unreasonable expectations, if your vehicle is in storage, there is no guarantee that it will be the first one your dealer receives. It could be buried behind thousands of others and will get loaded as soon as they can easily get it out. Remember, as far as Ford is concerned this is a vehicle for dealer stock, not a sold order. When the new 2011s came out one of our trucks was built in the first week of production and showed up 3 1/2 weeks after much later orders. Ford's explanation…..buried in storage. We ended up getting a similar equipped unit from another dealer.

HouseMouse 08-01-2016 08:28 AM

Dealer just Texted me a screen shot of an August the 8th as my build date with an ETA of the 14th for delivery. He went on to say that the 14th is a LONG SHOT for delivery. I agree!!! It's progress. }>

Rasalas 08-01-2016 08:36 AM

Speculation here, but this might be like waiting in line at the supermarket. Wait, wait, wait, ah new cashier. The last guy in line goes straight to the new cashier and out the door first!

HouseMouse 08-01-2016 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rasalas (Post 16464644)
Speculation here, but this might be like waiting in line at the supermarket. Wait, wait, wait, ah new cashier. The last guy in line goes straight to the new cashier and out the door first!

Seems that way, doesn't it. Such a bad experience with the Dealer here locally..... Picked up the phone and "Get-er-Done" in Fort Worth.

Lawndawg65 08-02-2016 06:12 PM

Build date was 8/8, informed by dealer today it's now 8/15. At this point whats a week. Vin #16902 if that helps anyone. They said hopefully it will be here in Dallas by the end of the month. It still does not show up on cotus tracking, strange.

EightySecond 08-02-2016 06:24 PM

I am 16769 and still on track for 8/8 as far as I know.

HouseMouse 08-02-2016 08:14 PM

Just checked etis..... My truck was built yesterday.... a week early!!!!!!!:-jammin

bowler304 08-02-2016 09:39 PM

No updates for me, supposed build date was 8/8 but no window sticker and no etis updates.:(

HouseMouse 08-03-2016 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by bowler304 (Post 16469074)
No updates for me, supposed build date was 8/8 but no window sticker and no etis updates.:(

I saw a picture posted of the Super Duties in the storage lot backed up and they were primarily white in color. I surmised that Ford was working that color and mine would or could be one of them.... it was. Mostly wishful thinking I guess. :-wink

PFG 08-03-2016 08:39 AM

Just adding to the speculation here - was told by a local dealer that a good number of trucks are stuck in storage waiting to have something fixed that was incorrect from the factory. He knew nothing more, don't know where he got his info, don't kill the messenger!

Rasalas 08-03-2016 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by HouseMouse (Post 16469514)
I saw a picture posted of the Super Duties in the storage lot backed up and they were primarily white in color. I surmised that Ford was working that color and mine would or could be one of them.... it was. Mostly wishful thinking I guess. :-wink

The stock orders all get painted white first. Then the retail orders get the colors and then the stock orders all go back on the line and get their final colors. I hope they do a good job cleaning them up for you guys getting the repaints to your ordered color!! HaHaHa

Rasalas 08-03-2016 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by PFG (Post 16469830)
Just adding to the speculation here - was told by a local dealer that a good number of trucks are stuck in storage waiting to have something fixed that was incorrect from the factory. He knew nothing more, don't know where he got his info, don't kill the messenger!

Sounds like a salesman's tale. Yes that can happen if something was not assembled or torqued correctly but at this point it is a known fact none will be shipped until the OK to Sell comes through. I would bet he has no actual proof those vehicles already produced need corrective actions. But that is why they are held, IF something should arise.

fordmantpw 08-03-2016 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by PFG (Post 16469830)

That is the point they wait for the 'OK to ship' before shipping, and the very reason some stock orders, though produced first, could show up after retail orders. That is the reason they produce stock orders before 'OK to ship' and retail orders after.