Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   who to trust for ficm repair (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1113820-who-to-trust-for-ficm-repair.html)

TJK1 11-08-2011 07:48 AM

who to trust for ficm repair

I know a lot of you have said to use ed at ficmrepair.com but was interested if anyone has used someone else. There are a ton of companies on eBay doing the repair for anywhere from 70 to 300 dollars. All of them have good feedback, any thoughts

Thanks

Unrealo4 11-08-2011 07:52 AM

Well ed over at FICMrepair.com is a member of this forum. And he has never missed a beat. If your looking to save money try a eBay company. But remember ed also upgrades the parts that fail. Its not simply a re-solder job.

bodabdan 11-08-2011 07:54 AM

Not sure what the other guys are offering, but after talking to Ed it was clear to me that he was the man for the job. I mailed mine off Thursday, he called me Friday to tell me it was done, and it came back Monday. I'll be installing it today after I put these new injectors in.
I 'm not sure that everyone offers the same level of service either. I was willing to pay a little more because I have 2-year warranty, and it wasn't just a re-solder job. All the components have been verified to be within spec and those that aren't are replaced with better pieces.
He also has some very good tips on how to prolong your FICM's lifespan. You can find Ed on here as 3050tinkerer. Good Luck.

bismic 11-08-2011 08:10 AM

As I have said many times over, FICMrepair.com is a great place to have the repair work done.

FICMrepair.com 01-20-2012 05:13 PM

You guys are great. So great, in fact, that FICMrepair.com is in the final stages of becoming a sponsor of this forum!

Thanks so much for all you do.

Helping each other out, one FICM at a time...

Ed
Ed@ficmrepair.com

dukie1877 01-20-2012 05:16 PM

Congrats ed and for the record ed did my ficm and couldent be happier

npccpartsman 01-20-2012 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by 5030tinkerer (Post 11313831)
You guys are great. So great, in fact, that FICMrepair.com is in the final stages of becoming a sponsor of this forum!

Thanks so much for all you do.

Helping each other out, one FICM at a time...

Ed
Ed@ficmrepair.com

LOL--you keep fixing them and we'll keep sending them. Do you hear goosehunta ringing your phone yet???

FICMrepair.com 01-20-2012 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by npccpartsman (Post 11313860)
LOL--you keep fixing them and we'll keep sending them. Do you hear goosehunta ringing your phone yet???

I don't know goosehunta yet (most folks tell me their real name only, not their handles, so, actually, maybe I have...:-drink).

I look forward to hearing from him, though! It's AMAZING how many folks look to FTE for answers to their FICM challenges.

I see the many other folks popping up offering these services like the OP alluded and am left to wonder of the quality, whether they are an enthusiast, and (perhaps most importantly) whether they'll be around tomorrow.

I am working with the site owners on changing my handle from 5030tinkerer (a hold over from another forum) as well. I hope that will make sense for folks.

Ed
Ed@ficmrepair.com

goosehunta 01-20-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by npccpartsman (Post 11313860)

i have not tried to contact him yet. i wanted to get some readings from my ficm first so i had some other info for him. im going to see if my sct tsx with datalogger will read it. if not then i will have to wait till daylight and dry weather to see what i have.

boy this place is great. all you guys are so helpful. have no fear, FTE is here!!

TJK1 01-20-2012 05:50 PM

I did end up sending my ficm to ed and am extremely happy I did. Truck is running great. Thank you!!

FICMrepair.com 01-20-2012 06:04 PM

I have no idea who 'TJK1' is, but am glad to put you in ever-increasing stack labeled 'another happy customer'! :-drink

Me thinks it time to add 'FTE handle' to the Intake Form on FICMrepair.com! :)

I posted on your other thread, goosehunta - let me know if we can help you!

Ed
Ed@ficmrepair.com

Nice Work Truck 01-20-2012 07:48 PM

Ed did mine back in Dec. also and he did a awesome job.
My truck is running great.
Thanks again Ed for the quick turn around on a working truck.
http://smilearchive.com/s/ups/majs/bigcrowd.gif

SoCalSuperDuty03 01-21-2012 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by TJK1 (Post 11313993)
I did end up sending my ficm to ed and am extremely happy I did. Truck is running great. Thank you!!

Smart move. I had used several FICM 'repair' shops, prior to coming in contact with Ed, and had never had exceptional results.

After speaking with Ed at length regarding 6.0's, Automotive Repair, the challenges of being a small business owner, and just life in general, I will never use anyone else for FICM repair.

I sent one to Ed (in Iowa) from California last Tuesday, and Thursday night I had the email confirmation that it was done and shipping out. That is service.

So you don't have to wonder Ed, I am Tim the BNSF Railway guy.

Everybody have a good night!

FICMrepair.com 01-21-2012 04:52 AM

It's amazing how many FTE folks we've helped out, if I stop to think about it. It seems a good percentage of the 'regulars' on here to say the least.

This was what drove my decision to have FICMrepair.com become an FTE sponsor. You guys just rock! :-drink

Ed
Ed@ficmrepair.com

1BigBo 01-21-2012 09:03 AM

I also will have to say FICMrepair.com is the place to send your ficm. My excursion has never ran this good sence Ed rebuilt it