who to trust for ficm repair - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

who to trust for ficm repair

Old 11-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Senior User

TJK1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
who to trust for ficm repair

I know a lot of you have said to use ed at ficmrepair.com but was interested if anyone has used someone else. There are a ton of companies on eBay doing the repair for anywhere from 70 to 300 dollars. All of them have good feedback, any thoughts

Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Posting Guru

Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well ed over at FICMrepair.com is a member of this forum. And he has never missed a beat. If your looking to save money try a eBay company. But remember ed also upgrades the parts that fail. Its not simply a re-solder job.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Posting Guru

bodabdan has a good reputation on FTE.bodabdan has a good reputation on FTE.
Not sure what the other guys are offering, but after talking to Ed it was clear to me that he was the man for the job. I mailed mine off Thursday, he called me Friday to tell me it was done, and it came back Monday. I'll be installing it today after I put these new injectors in.
I 'm not sure that everyone offers the same level of service either. I was willing to pay a little more because I have 2-year warranty, and it wasn't just a re-solder job. All the components have been verified to be within spec and those that aren't are replaced with better pieces.
He also has some very good tips on how to prolong your FICM's lifespan. You can find Ed on here as 3050tinkerer. Good Luck.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
As I have said many times over, FICMrepair.com is a great place to have the repair work done.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 PM
SPONSOR

FICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to behold
You guys are great. So great, in fact, that FICMrepair.com is in the final stages of becoming a sponsor of this forum!

Thanks so much for all you do.

Helping each other out, one FICM at a time...

Ed
[email protected]
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Elder User

dukie1877 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dukie1877 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Congrats ed and for the record ed did my ficm and couldent be happier
Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5030tinkerer View Post
You guys are great. So great, in fact, that FICMrepair.com is in the final stages of becoming a sponsor of this forum!

Thanks so much for all you do.

Helping each other out, one FICM at a time...

Ed
[email protected]
LOL--you keep fixing them and we'll keep sending them. Do you hear goosehunta ringing your phone yet???
Old 01-20-2012, 06:46 PM
SPONSOR

FICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by npccpartsman View Post
LOL--you keep fixing them and we'll keep sending them. Do you hear goosehunta ringing your phone yet???
I don't know goosehunta yet (most folks tell me their real name only, not their handles, so, actually, maybe I have...).

I look forward to hearing from him, though! It's AMAZING how many folks look to FTE for answers to their FICM challenges.

I see the many other folks popping up offering these services like the OP alluded and am left to wonder of the quality, whether they are an enthusiast, and (perhaps most importantly) whether they'll be around tomorrow.

I am working with the site owners on changing my handle from 5030tinkerer (a hold over from another forum) as well. I hope that will make sense for folks.

Ed
[email protected]
Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Elder User

goosehunta is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npccpartsman View Post
i have not tried to contact him yet. i wanted to get some readings from my ficm first so i had some other info for him. im going to see if my sct tsx with datalogger will read it. if not then i will have to wait till daylight and dry weather to see what i have.

boy this place is great. all you guys are so helpful. have no fear, FTE is here!!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Senior User

TJK1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did end up sending my ficm to ed and am extremely happy I did. Truck is running great. Thank you!!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:04 PM
SPONSOR

I have no idea who 'TJK1' is, but am glad to put you in ever-increasing stack labeled 'another happy customer'!

Me thinks it time to add 'FTE handle' to the Intake Form on FICMrepair.com!

I posted on your other thread, goosehunta - let me know if we can help you!

Ed
[email protected]
Old 01-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Post Fiend

Nice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to behold
Ed did mine back in Dec. also and he did a awesome job.
My truck is running great.
Thanks again Ed for the quick turn around on a working truck.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Elder User

SoCalSuperDuty03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SoCalSuperDuty03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJK1 View Post
I did end up sending my ficm to ed and am extremely happy I did. Truck is running great. Thank you!!
Smart move. I had used several FICM 'repair' shops, prior to coming in contact with Ed, and had never had exceptional results.

After speaking with Ed at length regarding 6.0's, Automotive Repair, the challenges of being a small business owner, and just life in general, I will never use anyone else for FICM repair.

I sent one to Ed (in Iowa) from California last Tuesday, and Thursday night I had the email confirmation that it was done and shipping out. That is service.

So you don't have to wonder Ed, I am Tim the BNSF Railway guy.

Everybody have a good night!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:52 AM
SPONSOR

It's amazing how many FTE folks we've helped out, if I stop to think about it. It seems a good percentage of the 'regulars' on here to say the least.

This was what drove my decision to have FICMrepair.com become an FTE sponsor. You guys just rock!

Ed
[email protected]
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Freshman User

1BigBo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also will have to say FICMrepair.com is the place to send your ficm. My excursion has never ran this good sence Ed rebuilt it