Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   ats turbos (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1093410-ats-turbos.html)

CSIPSD 08-24-2011 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by jas88 (Post 10732144)
Yes, I think you are correct about that, but I guess I don't know the distinction very well. I just see "ATS" on the side of the turbo whereas my friend's truck, which is stock, says "GARRETT" in the same place.

If the exhaust housing is a 1.00AR then you might have an OLD school ATS BB, but there are not many of them around anymore.

emolarose 08-24-2011 10:02 AM

I'm running an ATS turbo on my 2003.... with the chip, an unrestricted 5" exhaust, and the zener boost mod ..... My truck screams ..... Actually probably need to go with a fuel system next.

73ferdf250highboy 08-24-2011 10:31 AM

are we talking about about different subjects?
why one turbo is bad for an application? or that ats has a bad customer service.

cause i know exactly what im talking about with forced induction.

even though we did blow a head gasket trying to run too much boost through a 6.9 last year! it was a throw away. it was neat!

im not saying that anyone thing is better than the other. im just saying turbos are turbos and they get slapped on all kinds of stuff. look up turbo lawn mowers on youtube.

im sorry that somebody sold you a snail that you didnt like. i guess when you have a turbo expert from "pauls pump & injector" - the big boys in the industry -gale banks- come out to find out how we were tuning up old 300 series peterbuilts. think we are using the little guy (a wet case t3/t4 hybrid) off my 1.8t passat?-umm no

maybe we are using the ceramic sealed "ray jay" pull through turbo off the 62 scout...dont think so but, i cant remember. haha

im just saying i have mapped more than a few engines in my time.

i apologize again that someone sold you pooh.

you dont like ats or turbonetics i get it.

i dont like it when people break their turbos, but when they give them to me to fix: it puts food on my table. like this little ko4 off an audi is about to do!

kurt
certified vw/audi tech since 92
ase certified 96
vw of vacaville shop foreskin in 02-04
17th st. machine shop 05 ( my back porch w/ shop lift ).
ca certified smog lic. 08
retired @ 37 priceless!

miller_feed 08-24-2011 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by CSIPSD (Post 10732357)
ATS housing will have the same thing...

I didn't know that it had the bigger intake inlet. I don't remember those getting the housing talking about the intake tube. Does a new intake tube come with the housing?

sledhead999 08-24-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by miller_feed (Post 10732675)
I didn't know that it had the bigger intake inlet. I don't remember those getting the housing talking about the intake tube. Does a new intake tube come with the housing?

Yes. It's Black/Orange, just like the 38R's...

miller_feed 08-24-2011 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by sledhead999 (Post 10732706)
Yes. It's Black/Orange, just like the 38R's...

OK, thanks for letting me know this. :-X22

CSIPSD 08-24-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 73ferdf250highboy (Post 10732490)
are we talking about about different subjects?
why one turbo is bad for an application? or that ats has a bad customer service.

cause i know exactly what im talking about with forced induction.

even though we did blow a head gasket trying to run too much boost through a 6.9 last year! it was a throw away. it was neat!

im not saying that anyone thing is better than the other. im just saying turbos are turbos and they get slapped on all kinds of stuff. look up turbo lawn mowers on youtube.

im sorry that somebody sold you a snail that you didnt like. i guess when you have a turbo expert from "pauls pump & injector" - the big boys in the industry -gale banks- come out to find out how we were tuning up old 300 series peterbuilts. think we are using the little guy (a wet case t3/t4 hybrid) off my 1.8t passat?-umm no

maybe we are using the ceramic sealed "ray jay" pull through turbo off the 62 scout...dont think so but, i cant remember. haha

im just saying i have mapped more than a few engines in my time.

i apologize again that someone sold you pooh.

you dont like ats or turbonetics i get it.

i dont like it when people break their turbos, but when they give them to me to fix: it puts food on my table. like this little ko4 off an audi is about to do!

kurt
certified vw/audi tech since 92
ase certified 96
vw of vacaville shop foreskin in 02-04
17th st. machine shop 05 ( my back porch w/ shop lift ).
ca certified smog lic. 08
retired @ 37 priceless!

You have got to be the biggest retard to come around as of late.

Your experance in gas motors is just dandy...

I have run every combo of drop in turbo on the 7.3...

The Turbonetics drop in started out as a relabled BBW or what ever chinese knock off you want to call it. TN worked with it, changing housings, center sections and such, but could never get it to work right, I know, I tested all of them for TN.

TN makes good mid-frames, but they could never make a drop in for the 7.3 worth much.

A turbo is not a turbo...

Go pick up one of those chinese knock off's and see how long they last. Then go throw a BW or GT on there and see the differance.:-blah

73ferdf250highboy 08-24-2011 05:26 PM

thats awesome. your mom.

i was working on turbo diesel benz's before they even put turbos in these trucks!

sorry you have an attitude problem and if i miss-spoke or offended you...

try to have a good life.

CSIPSD 08-24-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 73ferdf250highboy (Post 10733728)

thats awesome. your mom.

i was working on turbo diesel benz's before they even put turbos in these trucks!

sorry you have an attitude problem and if i miss-spoke or offended you...

try to have a good life.

LOL... Yup... Your at the top of your game...

Cant quote... Check...

Goes to the "your mom BS"... Check...

Do you know anything about a POWERSTROKE? Or do you just like to spew worthless and irrelevant information?