Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   Anyone seen the new Titan mirrors? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/266977-anyone-seen-the-new-titan-mirrors.html)

chaseface84 08-06-2004 10:06 PM

i think ive only seen one of those, do they carry them on news stands?

biz4two 08-07-2004 04:58 PM

IMHO...Innovation is a great thing. Ford with it's all new F-150 thought it would own the 2004 market out right. Sales might show it on paper (not sure about that), however I believe Nissan made a big impact on the market. With past introductions like Toyota's T-100 and Tundra...Even Toyota saw that Nissan was coming fast and hard to the half ton truck line.

I am a FORD fan, however the new Titan is a very well done truck. I believe it is better than the F-150...although not by much. I base this on the powertrain and price. FORD needs more hp/torque especially since the new F-150 weighs more. Nissan really did price this truck to sell. So with either truck, an owner should be happy.

Just my .02
:-tap

IB Tim 08-07-2004 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by biz4two
IMHO...Innovation is a great thing. Ford with it's all new F-150 thought it would own the 2004 market out right. Sales might show it on paper (not sure about that), however I believe Nissan made a big impact on the market. With past introductions like Toyota's T-100 and Tundra...Even Toyota saw that Nissan was coming fast and hard to the half ton truck line.

I am a FORD fan, however the new Titan is a very well done truck. I believe it is better than the F-150...although not by much. I base this on the powertrain and price. FORD needs more hp/torque especially since the new F-150 weighs more. Nissan really did price this truck to sell. So with either truck, an owner should be happy.

Just my .02
:-tap

IMO on price, Ford has run for so long at the top..they could get the price...now it might change just a bit
Toyota could dive in with a lower price and make a quick impact
That is good marketing and smart business, now matter what us Ford lovers think.

:-X22

Armada 08-07-2004 11:47 PM

I think you'll find Four Wheeler just about everywhere.

Let's not forget that the Titan also was first in the 2004 comparison of 1/2 ton trucks in Car and Driver, which I'm sure you heard of.

The point of the comment was, I think, that Nissan, while new, while not yet having a full line of trucks, no 3/4 ton, no 1 ton, limited configurations, had made a pretty nice splash with its first attempt.

I bought my Armada SUV because of those things, and love it, but I ain't about to get rid of my F-250 SuperDuty Powerstroke for the heavy stuff. Nissan is paying attention. Ford's too big to consider it a major threat to F-150 sales at this time, but we can all learn from each other.

I expect to see even better F-150's and Expeditions come out of the competition.

Yea, those great Titan mirrors may be a copy from the SuperDuty, but they ought to be on the F-150's and Expeditions and aren't there yet.

Originally Posted by chaseface84
i think ive only seen one of those, do they carry them on news stands?

johnsdiesel 08-07-2004 11:48 PM

I don't think Ford is overlooking the competition. That's why the F150 was completely redesigned.

F-150KingRanch 09-18-2004 08:32 PM

Nissan has taken more than just the Ford SD mirror, as an idea for making there so called truck, look at the frame, and much more. Bottom line, its Nissan junk, will it pull a load everyday, and pay for itself, will it work side by side with the big three???? Heck No, its a car with a bed....

BTW 09-18-2004 10:05 PM

Trailer life magazine had a comparison on all the trucks the Nissan beat the Ford F150 on All the test except the Ford was quieter in the cab.

elemint 09-18-2004 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=Bottom line, its Nissan junk, will it pull a load everyday, and pay for itself, will it work side by side with the big three???? Heck No, its a car with a bed....[/QUOTE]

Now now... Nissan are fantastic trucks actually. I spent a while in African and the nissan patrol (unavailable in North America) was unstopable. There is no way a ford truck would survive the African roads for more than a year imo. Landrovers and nissans are the standard there and for good reason.

elemint 09-18-2004 10:15 PM

Forgot to mention the Toyota Land cruiser II. Now that sucker was tough! Too bad you cant get those supper rugged rigs here. Instead we keep getting more and more bs luxury trucks. Oh well...

Sherlock101 09-19-2004 08:49 PM

To get this back to talk on the Titan's tow mirrors, they didn't officially steal them from Ford because Ford was not the first with the idea. In my travels I have noticed a few other companies offering similarly designed mirrors. Two companies for example are DaimlerChrysler and I think Volkswagen in Europe with their cargo vans. I own a Ford by the way.

stevef100s 09-19-2004 10:15 PM

Yes, some import brands are made in the US. Yes, American workers are getting paid to build these vehicles. Yes, THE PROFIT THAT THESE COMPANIES MAKE OFF FROM THE SALES OF THESE VEHICLES, ARE GOING OUT OF THIS COUNTRY. I know that Toyota, Nissan and others, make a good vehicle. I would rather buy a vehicle that keeps the majority of the profit in this country. Even though Ford uses parts made in other countries, the profit from sales stays here. Buy whatever you want to buy, because that's your right. It's also your right to either do your best to help our economy, or not.

Armada 09-20-2004 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by stevef100s
Yes, some import brands are made in the US. Yes, American workers are getting paid to build these vehicles. Yes, THE PROFIT THAT THESE COMPANIES MAKE OFF FROM THE SALES OF THESE VEHICLES, ARE GOING OUT OF THIS COUNTRY. I know that Toyota, Nissan and others, make a good vehicle. I would rather buy a vehicle that keeps the majority of the profit in this country. Even though Ford uses parts made in other countries, the profit from sales stays here. Buy whatever you want to buy, because that's your right. It's also your right to either do your best to help our economy, or not.

Steve, its great to see you folks in Destin are beginning to bounce back. Terrible hit you all took with Ivan. You will recover, although it seems hard to accept at this time. I'm over on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Having gone through several bad storms, my heart goes out to you all.

Regarding your post - I know we are getting off topic somewhat - Let me say I own a Ford F-250 Superduty and a Nissan Armada. I'm trying to be objective on this "help the ecomomy" issue. My Armada was made here in Mississippi, about 200 miles north of me - I considered helping my state economy in making that purchase. Also, this "who owns the company" and "where does the profit go" issue can be confusing. In reality it is the shareholders who own these companies. I own a little Ford stock and some GM stock, and yes, some Nissan stock (it is publically traded) and a very significant part of those shares are owned by Americans. Profit goes to the shareholders, not management. As an American shareholder, and there are many of us, I do not have a problem with Nissan being profitable. I don't know if anyone has really thought about that with these global, multinational corporations. I love my Ford and my Nissan. I don't really see it as "us" vs. "them" anymore. Nissan's stock has really been out performing Ford, GM and those German folks who bought Chrysler/Dodge. But Ford stock has done well recently, also. Just my thoughts.

Tommy_Joe 09-20-2004 10:14 AM

I for one would like to see the GVWR rating on the door of one of those Titans with the extended cab 6' bed (which is WAY too short for my needs) and whatever towing package they have. I'm just not believing that 9600lb GVWR number.

But that's me.

Tom

hawk 09-21-2004 02:07 PM

nissan fanactic? why in the world would someone pick that lame auto company to be a fan of?

IB Tim 09-21-2004 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by hawk
nissan fanactic? why in the world would someone pick that lame auto company to be a fan of?

Isn’t it great we live in a country…. we can chose anything to believe in... ;)