Conversation Between ssunit1 and cbrown.tx
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. ssunit1
    08-11-2018 11:16 AM - permalink
    cbrown.tx - To put it simply, weight and piece of mind. I did put air bags and Bilsteen shocks on the 250 to hold the weight and firm up the ride with towing. I also put on higher weight rated tires so all in all I was ok on the Florida flatland where live.
    I'm close to retirement age and we plan on doing the extended out west travels eventually. I plan on always having a 5th wheel, maybe not as big as the current one, but I didn't want to have any "can I or can't I tow it" moments going through the hills or mountains.
    We just got back from a 2k mile round trip into Tennessee and Georgia and I will say that the ride with the 350 is noticeably more solid with the 350.
    The only drawback is that the 350 can't be my daily driver like the 250 was. Just won't fit in the parking garage I was barely able to get into with the 250.
    Good luck and happy travels.
  2. cbrown.tx
    07-18-2018 09:53 PM - permalink
    I saw you went to an 18 DRW. After looking at my 250 closer, I'm over on axle rating so have decided to bump up. Trying to crunch the #s between SRW or DRW F350. I REALLY don't want to go to a dually if I can help it. Seeing you bumped up I was curious how you came to your decision.
  3. cbrown.tx
    12-07-2017 10:29 AM - permalink
    Sorry... I just saw you had responded back in July. 2wks ago we bout the 395RL and are taking it out this weekend for the first trip. I wanted the Andersen but ours has the rota-flex king pin and I read something about not using Andersen with it so went w/ B&W Companion since I already had the B&W Turnover Gooseneck. I'm gonna add bags as she squats a bit. Trailer has a 16.6k (14k dry) rating so watching how we load to keep it under. Thanks for the response and Merry Christmas
  4. cbrown.tx
    07-02-2017 08:57 AM - permalink
    How does your 250 do with the Coachmen? I have a 2015 6.7 and we are looking to upgrade our TT to 5er and really like the mid bunk floor plan.

Thanks in advance
    Chris