Conversation Between SkiSmuggs and tweitekamp
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. SkiSmuggs
    02-19-2018 10:06 AM - permalink
    Funny, I didn't get a notification of this; I only looked because of your message on the Keystone forum. I have found very little difference in temps between the 35 and 50 and am comfortable towing with the 50 now. There have been times that I've seen the 35 get higher temps than the 50, but they are close enough to not worry about. I like the 50HP more for driving unloaded and, loaded, it pulls hills a little better. I use the 35 in the winter to keep me between the ditches. LOL
    Eric
  2. tweitekamp
    02-15-2018 10:25 AM - permalink
    Good morning! Hey, I did a little research on DP Tuner and came across your post and found it very interesting! I have worked with Jody for many years and he has done quite a bit of custom tuning for my 6.7. My pickup is a bit different because it is a bit "lighter" if you know what I mean but the transmission tuning should be basically identical. I find myself in the same situation in the 35hp tune pulling my 38ft Cougar 5er when I am pulling a good hill or needing to make a move. Honestly I have never tried the 50hp tune so its good to know that you have been able to keep them in check. I did a cut/paste of your comment about jody tweaking your 35hp to him and asked if he could mimic that in my tune. Since he couldn't get your name from your screen name, he can't do it. I know this is quite forward but wondered if you would pass on your name to me so I could have jody check my tune.