Conversation Between Frantz and ACREYMAN
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. ACREYMAN
    06-11-2015 09:19 AM - permalink
    Thanks for the response. Ill keep an eye out since im not in a huge hurry to buy. Just itching to get one but I guess the smart thing to do is wait for the rebates to get better.
  2. Frantz
    06-05-2015 12:58 PM - permalink
    Putting money down on a lease will lower your payment, but is not of value otherwise. You will save a small amount on rate, but you are better off with the money in the bank. If you take the MSRP and multiply it by .92 you'll be awful close to invoice, so that'll show how much play there is within a couple hundred bucks. Take off whatever the leasing rebate is and that will give you a realistic "good deal" purchase price. It gets you under $500 I think, but I don't see $400 at this time. Balance out is here so perhaps if you watch for the next Ford sales event (4th of July or Labor day) you might snag a good incentive to make up the difference.
  3. Frantz
    06-05-2015 12:58 PM - permalink
    Purchase price is pretty much figured the same as a straight purchase. Regional and national leasing rebates do differ from purchase ones, but the profit to the dealer (cost above or below invoice) is the same regardless.
    Future value is based on FULL MSRP * residual value determined by Ford. This is important to understand. If you look at the window sticker there is an MSRP in big numbers at the bottom, but "High MSRP" is also listed above any sticker discounts. When factoring a lease residual it is based on "High MSRP", so sometimes a more expensive truck can have a better lease payment based on these discounts (Sport package has $750 example of this).
    Currently at 15k the F150 is showing a strong 61% residue at 36 months. For extra miles it will be about .15 cents per miles so 3000 * .15 = $450/term will be added, or $12.50 per month.
  4. Frantz
    06-05-2015 12:57 PM - permalink
    Short answer: Probably not without something down until rebates get a bit higher. If you go to "build your own" on the Ford webpage on the last section you can pick leasing and play with the calculator. Keep in mind this doesn't' include taxes or title/registration or any fees charged.
    Long answer: Leasing is always a bit tricky as it's not simple math, and I end up plugging it into a Ford calculator. That being said, here is how you can figure rough figures on a lease. Leasing is based primarily as the difference from (purchase price - future value) / term.
  5. ACREYMAN
    06-03-2015 04:27 PM - permalink
    Hey I hope I am not bothering you with this, but I am looking to lease a new F-150 XLT, preferably with the Sport package soon. ZERO down but I have credit near the 800 mark. So I was wondering if its realisitic to get into one for less than $400 a month, 36mo 18kmiles a year. They have good internet pricing at Grapevine Ford and I bought a XLT Explorer there a few years ago and came out with $380 a month for my wife. My turn for a new car, so is that a realistic number? I dont have access to all the information I need to do my own calculations but any help would be appreciated. F-150 XLT is first choice, Dodge Lonestar package is second choice and I love the new 2.7L eco