Conversation Between sdetweil and ImSoQuazy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. ImSoQuazy
    05-05-2011 12:09 PM - permalink
    Thank you so much Sam. Did you have a moment to look at my album? What do you think so far. Not impressive - I imagine - as yours. Someday...
  2. sdetweil
    05-05-2011 11:30 AM - permalink
    generally the newer engines and trannys are much bigger then the older ones and the tranny cross member will get in the way of proper positioning.

I always plan on removing it. I haven't found a single case where modern engine/trans will fit.
  3. ImSoQuazy
    05-05-2011 10:48 AM - permalink
    Hello Sam, May I ask you... On my '56 F100, do I have to remove any of the cross members when doing an engine swap? Specifically, the original tranny cross member? My truck came with an unused 390 (appears to be from a Thunderbird) and the original 3 speed OD tranny was attached. These units sat untouched for the better part of 20 years. Forward to last week... I pulled the old 390 & tranny out and want to drop working a 351w with the C4/C6 tranny. I have pictures for your viewing pleasure in my album area of this site. I really need to move forward on this project. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
    Sincerely,
    Paul