Conversation Between AmericanROCKBREAD! and wakeboarder32
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. wakeboarder32
    11-14-2011 01:12 PM - permalink
    Hey man looks great, you are a lot further along than i am! i am about to order a cab mount kit from mid fifty and some replacement panels so i can pull the cab off the old frame so i can prep the floor and install on the new frame. My motor is almost done ill post some pics from a few weekends ago when i went in to the machine shop and had the guy coach me in assembling the motor, first one i have done and really enjoyed it! Keep it up looks great! im hoping to have the cab installed and motor in by jan/feb as i will be PCS'ing to SC around that time.
  2. AmericanROCKBREAD!
    11-03-2011 01:12 PM - permalink
    Hey Dude, Are you making progress? Check it out - I have my eng/trans mock up in. I can see myself driving my ride already. LOL!! Joe
  3. AmericanROCKBREAD!
    11-09-2010 11:08 PM - permalink
    Hey wakeboarder. What news on the build. Likely the radiator, drive shaft would be wrong for you. I think you need certain sized radiator and I think custom drive shaft (something to ask. You may want to swap the stock rear end before you have a drive shaft done too. I'm getting close to getting my engine out! Joe
  4. AmericanROCKBREAD!
    11-08-2010 01:12 PM - permalink
    Hey Wakeboarder,

I'm waiting to pick up my eng/trans until I get the ole one out and clean up the engine bay, Etc. Once I have the old stuff out, I'm going to get my conversion pieces from a local store to build a local relationship with people who will help me. Since I'm close to Sacramento, I'll deal with Sacramento vintage Ford.

Haven't nailed a price on my eng/trans combo, but I'm hoping for $300.00 and won't go over $400. The guy wants me to help him pull it from the Lincoln, so I think I'll be able to score for 300.

He's a demolition derby driver who has his own setup for the car, so wants to be rid of the 1969 460/C-6. I'm just the man for the old stuff!!!!

Joe
  5. wakeboarder32
    11-08-2010 12:53 PM - permalink
    ROCKBREAD, will do man this is my first build and have no idea what i am doing. i have a buddy i work with who has built 40+ motors and is going to help me, storage space for me is non existant right now, i do have access on base and will probably try to do the swap there, hopefully it will only take a couple days. i am about to order the cross member and mounts from mid fifties. have you ran into any trouble yet? also i havent bought my motor yet here is the link RAT ROD PROJECT: 1960 FORD F-100, 460,C6 TRANNY | Trucks for sale on Lejeune bookoo! im going to try to offer him like $600. what did you get yours for?
  6. AmericanROCKBREAD!
    11-07-2010 02:32 PM - permalink
    Hey Wakeboarder - just taking apart my truck to get ready for 460. Let's keep in touch to learn from one another in our swap!

Joe