Conversation Between m-chan68 and tperry1969
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. tperry1969
    09-20-2018 09:57 AM - permalink
    Thanks for all your help. I purchased the valve from ford and it is the new release without the coolant line running to it. I took the valve back out and it open and closes fine just a little soot. I cleaned it back up and reinstalled. I had a Ford technician hook up his laptop and he can open and close the valve that way. So I am just confused as to where to start next.
  2. m-chan68
    09-19-2018 03:51 PM - permalink
    Where did you source the EGR valve from? If Ford, there is a two year parts warranty if I recall correctly. In answer to your question, quite honestly on a 6.4L in my experience this issue wasn't that common. On 6.0L, yah I've replaced numerous EGR valves setting that particular code, and it's almost always been due to the valve jamming open with carbon caked all over.
  3. tperry1969
    09-19-2018 10:03 AM - permalink
    Thank you for the reply. I just replaced the valve. it has less than 300 miles on it is this a common problem to have a bad valve that soon?
  4. m-chan68
    09-18-2018 08:51 PM - permalink
    P1335 is an EGR valve position reading out-of-range code if I remember correctly. You need to monitor the valve position volts reading as it opens and closes throughout the entire range of travel. If the volts readings fall outside of the range, that code sets and the valve needs to be replaced since the position sensor inside the valve is not serviced separately.
  5. tperry1969
    09-18-2018 12:08 PM - permalink
    Hi M-68 sounds like your a man I need to talk to. I bought a 2008 6.4 with 52,000 miles It had the DPF and the CAT removed. and the EGR was left in. because of IM i reinstalled the CAT and DEF. and replaced the EGR and elbow. regened and passed IMs. truck sat batteries went dead. Jumped the truck went for a ride and went to set the cruse and threw a engine light. now code 1335 and i think. The truck wants to regen but wont. I removed the EGR and it is free and clear. I can open it with the laptop so I know it is working. Any thoughts? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.