Conversation Between blueeyedfordguy and vaper
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. blueeyedfordguy
    10-07-2013 01:13 PM - permalink
    Great! As far as trucks go I mainly work on volvos with Cummins and fld, century, Columbia and cascadia freightliners. I also work on Toyota forklifts and also work on trailers too.

When I cleaned my mass air flow I was able to unplug it no problem. So I did to be safe even with the engine off. Just can't find a plug on the gf's 2000 vw new beetle. Very odd. Almost cleaned it on the car plugged in, but didn't mess with it
  2. vaper
    10-06-2013 07:30 PM - permalink
    You're welcome Blue
    I can clean mine leaving it in, the sensor is right in the air tract so if you can see it, you can clean it.
    Not sure of the year of your truck but the sensor wire plug on my 2002 is just in front of the master cylinder about 8" from the sensor

Oh, forgot to mention ,seen your profile,I work on a lot of heavy equipment and truck transport as well.
  3. blueeyedfordguy
    10-05-2013 07:03 AM - permalink
    Thanks for your help with my mass air flow sensor cleaning. I bought CRC cleaner and removed my air cleaner assembly and unplugged the wires on my mass air flow sensor. I did not remove it because I left my tamperproof torq bits. Do you know if I always should clean the mass air flow sensor to clean it? I ask because I can't find a plug to remove the power off the sensor. Thanks !