Conversation Between 1973dieselhighboy and TheTowingCowboy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. 1973dieselhighboy
    10-09-2010 10:37 PM - permalink
    how is your highboy swap going
  2. TheTowingCowboy
    10-09-2010 07:39 PM - permalink
    Hey just to ask, cause well may need your help, could I get your phone number in case I need to get ahold of you for something about my Powerstroke swap into my high boy? I would much appreciate it.
  3. TheTowingCowboy
    06-21-2010 05:01 PM - permalink
    Okay so its pretty much making sure you get it straight, and the tabs? Well sounds easy, and I really appreciate your help.
  4. 1973dieselhighboy
    06-21-2010 04:30 PM - permalink
    i very carfully bent the 2 tabs so it would sit flush with the firewall but my pedal sits in the truck a little crocked tords the tranny hump but it works
  5. TheTowingCowboy
    06-01-2010 03:47 PM - permalink
    Thanks a million, your write up you left on my profile helped me out a ton, and I planned on using the weather connector like you said. I cant tell you how much I appreciate this. Also how hard was it to mount the throttle (Since the throttle is electric) I dont think it would be that hard, but all the info I can get would help.
  6. 1973dieselhighboy
    05-31-2010 03:37 PM - permalink
    used the power stroke radiator have to notch the frame so the rad sits down in far enough for the hood to close and core support mounts need to be reloctated to out side of frame, (angle iron and powerstroke core support mounts on frame worked great on my truck), had to build a custom wiring harness for my truck cause the factory powerstrokes the pcm is in the driver kick panel and there is no room for it there on the older trucks i had to relocate it to the passenger side, had to make a custom harness for all the sensors insde the vehicle, i used a firewall connecotr out of the 96 donor i had for the inside harness to run threw the firewall, i is probably the best thing i have done to my truck so far but it was really time consuming and i really big headache doing the harness even tho i had all diagrams from ford. if you have to time and patience it will turn out good and you will be very happy.
  7. 1973dieselhighboy
    05-31-2010 03:36 PM - permalink
    it took me about 2 months to get the truck up and running with the idi i origanaly had in it and i had to get a complete donor truck cause i used the tranny crossmember and the engine crossmember out of the donor turck, i had to remove all crossmembers from the origanal trnny crossmember forward besides the one right under the core suport, had to modify my frame and the crossmember out of the donor turck to fit in my frame and get the engine set in the engine bay correctly, got to use a 78-79 4x4 steering gear cause of clearence issues cause the engines are so dam big, when i put the power stroke in it set right in place with no issues,
  8. TheTowingCowboy
    05-21-2010 09:53 PM - permalink
    Hey, Brown Falcon showed me your page and off thing is I am doing the same thing but I have a E4OD. I would like to know what you had to do so I know what to expect. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.