Conversation Between jackles and pjwoolw
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. jackles
    06-14-2009 11:18 AM - permalink
    Hi Pete,

I did bring it to East Bay Ford. They replaced the CAC tube under warranty (+$100 deductible). I've put on about 200 miles since. I crawled underneath last weekend to drain/fill the tranny fluid and noticed that there was fresh engine oil pooling where the engine & tranny meets. It's a difficult to see exactly where because there are little droplets spread all around. From what I've heard, the rear main seal rarely leaks on the 6, but then again, I've also read posts from folks who had it replaced.

Anyway, I called EB Ford and left a message with their service dept answering machine. That was 3 weeks ago and didn't get a call back. I haven't try calling again. I'm not totally impressed with them. I asked how much it would have costed for the CAC tube replacement out of pocket and the service writer told me $650. Now, I'm no diesel expert by a stretch, but common, $650? That doesn't sound right to me.
  2. pjwoolw
    06-11-2009 06:05 PM - permalink
    Howdy,

Just wondering if you found a dealer for your diagnostic an repair and what your opinion is.

Thanks Pete
  3. jackles
    04-22-2009 12:38 AM - permalink
    Yep, that would be them. I did a quick search on BBB.com and they list them as being in business since 1964 and with an "A" rating. However ,I have not been able to find anyone recommending them except for 1 post on Google reviews which was negative (something about their vehicle was burgularized while being serviced).

Anyway, my thought is the same. I left them a message on Monday with their service department but didn't get a return call. I'll try to call them again tomorrow and see if they do warranty work.

Thanks,
    Jack
  4. pjwoolw
    04-21-2009 07:45 PM - permalink
    Hey Jack,

East Bay Ford trucks. On Filbert? If so they have been there forever. I would think it would be a good choice. Have no personal experience with them. Also they specialize in diesels of all makes.

Pete
  5. jackles
    04-21-2009 06:52 PM - permalink
    Hi Pete,

Sure, I could use a good recommendation. I was hoping for a local dealership but would consider a shop further away if that would mean getting it fixed right the first time ;-).

Would you know about any of these places and which might be decent?

East Bay Ford Truck Sales (closest)
    Albany Ford
    S&C Ford in SF
    Walnut Creek Ford
    Serramonte Ford

Thanks again,
    Jack