Conversation Between robert_l_ross and Alongcamelee
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. robert_l_ross
    04-12-2016 10:20 AM - permalink
    I did, but by the time I wanted to fix the steering wander and get rid of the sag, the guy that used to make Landyot Radius Rods had stopped and I couldn't find any on line...so I was limited to either getting aftermarket springs, or swapping with other Ford setups.

The V/Modded B swap eliminated the steering wander, but I still had a little more sag than I wanted. WD hitches didn't really appeal to me since the trailers I tow are for the Fire Department and have surge brakes...messing with tension rods every time I hook up/unhook, and sometimes taking the trailers over less-than-desirable roads didn't sound like a good idea with extra components hanging under the hitch.

I added some AirLift springs to supplement when I'm towing and now I'm completely happy with the truck when it's towing.
  2. Alongcamelee
    04-11-2016 07:07 PM - permalink
    Thank You so very much for helping Excursion Owners improve our vehicles. Ford Motor Executives/Engineers provide ZERO support ... B.I.L. Ford Exec/Eng would not help/guide/direct me or have any conversation concerning any modification from original specification - so reached out to Ford Truck Enthusiasts and Supermotors to find helpful information. As the original owner of this Ford EXperiment and after a career in class 8 trucks I KNOW to not replace OEM Springs.
    Question: Have you considered Landyot Radius Rods?