Conversation Between golfmedik and senix
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. senix
    12-11-2010 09:26 AM - permalink
    Monty,
    I know there is a way to do, not really talked about at all.
    I beleive the passenger side battery box has a connector on the pos terminal.
    I think you take that off and then jump it to the neg terminal.
    I think it is something like that. Not knowing for sure I have never mentioned it.

Any info you have would be very good to know!

Thanks,
    Scott
  2. golfmedik
    12-11-2010 07:08 AM - permalink
    Senix, I've been around these forums for a while and haven't seen anyone post this-just wondering if it is common knowledge? Do any of the 6.4 owners know that there is a way to start the truck after it has 'shut down' from say a faulty EGT sensor? I have had to do this three times with our rescue trucks and med units. Twice an EGT sensor shut down the trucks. There is a way to bypass the computer and start the truck. Very simple to do. Just make sure the engine has oil pressure and a good temp and you can drive it to get you to a dealer or home. A former student of mine is my ford tech. He showed me how to do this. If I am preaching to the choir here just let me know, but I feel it is important to let a few know so they do not get stuck in the middle of nowhere with the family. I will give you directions if you don't know what I am talking about. Just pm me back. Thanks. Monty