Conversation Between ArdWrknTrk and ctubutis
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 30
  1. ctubutis
    01-18-2013 09:21 AM - permalink
    No prob, Jim.

Some other things that can help ya:

Firebug is a really handy utility for looking at everything a page is doing and can even execute your own JavaScript code if inclined.

Live HTTP Headers is also pretty good for watching what's happening but I generally use only Firebug anymore.

I've heard of a thing called Request Policy but haven't mucked with it yet, I think it also allows you to control what (other) sites your browser goes to but IIRC its README says it works best in conjunction with NoScript, it is not intended to be a replacement.

EDIT: I also run a thing called Flashblock, it blocks Flash movies from playing unless you allow them.
  2. ArdWrknTrk
    01-18-2013 04:50 AM - permalink
    Thanks Chris for your comment on Noscript. I run that on my other netbook and should have some more sleuthing before I complained about how slow these pages are to load.
  3. ctubutis
    01-01-2013 06:25 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the reps! Can't hit ya back just yet.

That 15 yo kid... sure, I could give him my e-mail and he can send me his huge-ass pictures and I can put 'em up for him, I've done it before for others here and even have a dedicated Album for it.

But those guys are old enough to be his grandfather... this kid needs to learn how to take care of himself, my doing it for him won't help that.

I also fear he's making things worse... thinks he can replace a feedback carb with a non-feedback variant, I'll bet he has no idea what he's doing (he admitted that) and probably isn't at all aware of how the computer will react....
  4. ArdWrknTrk
    07-15-2012 08:19 AM - permalink
    Don't you remember "Free Love"???
    Spread it around, hit up some noobs, they will appreciate it!
  5. ctubutis
    07-13-2012 10:01 PM - permalink
    Can't hit ya back 'til I get out of rep jail.
  6. ctubutis
    07-04-2012 03:51 PM - permalink
    I kind of expected you to comment about the 2G alternators.

I started a relocation project on the Tempo but backed it out cuz it didn't run well. Need to make a change to the cable, I cut up and used a portion of that hall-effect-sensor stuff (moon-shaped substance on the curved edge of the dizzy) simply because I like how it seals against the module.

I later went to go replace the PIP and ended up replacing the dizzy, haven't gone back to it as I'm currently having fuel pump issues.
  7. ArdWrknTrk
    07-04-2012 02:58 PM - permalink
    Like I was saying to Gary, separate the module from the dizzy and get it properly heatsinked.

It should be fine.
  8. ctubutis
    05-28-2012 09:58 AM - permalink
    Thanks for the reps, Jim!
  9. ctubutis
    04-25-2012 10:02 PM - permalink
    Thanks, buddy!

Need to spread the love....
  10. ctubutis
    02-18-2012 06:50 PM - permalink
    प्रतिष्ठा अंक के लिए धन्यवाद!