Conversation Between ford141 and mansonboy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. ford141
    06-21-2010 08:16 AM - permalink
    I saw the message that you posted on my profile visitor board. My 79 F350 is mostly stock suspension with an extra leaf in each spring pack (front and rear). It is probably 1" over stock all around. I got my humvee tires from a buddy who took them off his 86 F350 because it drove like crap. They made my truck drive like crap too, but they go like stink off road. I recently had to take them off of the front because they were causing mad "death wobble" in the steering. I am currently working on polishing up my aluminum slots and just picked up a new set of 33x12.50 Cooper mud tires for them. I dropped to 33s for a little mechanical advantage when truck pulling. You can buy the 36" bias-ply Humvee tires like I have anywhere on Ebay, they are on there all the time, but just be warned that they handle horrible on the road. A better alternative would be the 37x12.50 radial Goodyear Wranglers that replaced the 36" tires on the Humvee's. They can also be found on Ebay.
  2. mansonboy
    06-17-2010 04:26 PM - permalink
    hey your 79 f350 is bad man.

what size lift do you ave on it? also where did you get the humvee tires, i have a set of vintage ar slots as well and i want to buy a set of these tires to go on the rims but i can not find any.

please email me at curtisjohnson7755@hotmail.com with answers

thanks