Conversation Between 85lebaront2 and haltan
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 85lebaront2
    03-21-2018 02:38 PM - permalink
    Sorry, I just saw this, for some reason FTE is no longer sending me notices. Your problem, if you haven't yet solved it, is in the harness from the battery, to the alternator and then to the rest of the truck. There are several fusible links in this system and one of them is open. First place to check would be to see if the output leads on the alternator (may be a stud or double plug) are seeing battery voltage. If it is not, then the issue is between the battery and alternator harness because everything goes through there.
    If you have battery power at the alternator, then find the plug on the harness going into the firewall, unplug it and see if you have power there. You will also want to examine the harness sections for signs of burned or melted tape or insulation.
    Good luck with it!
  2. haltan
    01-23-2018 11:04 AM - permalink
    Good morning to you sir. I was wondering if you might be able to help me and/or point me in the right direction.

I have an 84 F250 with a 460 (gas obviously). I have absolutely no experience with automotive electronics besides basics(changing plugs, battery, starter celenoid, fuses, etc), and currently I am getting no power inside the cab, nor am I able to start the truck at all.

The battery I had was old/worn out, so I replaced that as well as the starter celenoid and the positive battery cable.

I feel confident that the ground from the battery to the engine is good as I was able to jump across the celenoid posts and the starter cranked up right away. I saw and read through a post that you were involved with some years back that related to an 85, but it was a diesel rig, not gas.

Any help and/or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

P