Conversation Between efx4 and groucho73
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. efx4
    05-02-2014 09:39 PM - permalink
    Hi Chuck. Yes I have to pay attention to my payload in the bed, so as to not overdo my payload. I do have the Reese dual cam sway control hitch assembly that works very well since my hitch weight on the trailer is 995 pounds empty, and goes up from there with propane bottles and cargo in the trailer and bed and such. My trailer is well within my truck's tow limits, but it's a large camper with a heavy hitch, so I'm pretty close to the truck's true limit. but It's a stable tow. My truck does have a 373 rear.
    Mike
  2. groucho73
    05-02-2014 06:24 PM - permalink
    Hi, I see you have a good sized travel trailer and we also have almost similar trucks. Same year, color, engine, but mine is the Platinum edition. We have a popup and are looking to step up to a large travel trailer. I wanted to ask you how is your truck with pulling your trailer? What is the weight of your trailer? I see you have the max tow package, is that with the 3.73 rear difff? I'm pretty sure you are at the top end of towing capacity with your truck. Do you have to pay close attention with how much weight as in food clothes and camping gear you bring?
    Your comments would greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chuck