Conversation Between subford and stevep3916
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. subford
    01-05-2019 06:20 AM - permalink
    Most of the time his problem is either bad wiring or a bad connector on the harness to the passenger side of the transmission solenoid pack.
  2. stevep3916
    01-04-2019 07:33 AM - permalink
    thank you very much. I suspect he has more issues to deal with. he asked me about grounds and I couldn t find anything about them in any wiring diagrams I had. I think he would be much better served by pulling codes, which I have advised him to do, but he will have to figure that out for himself. his trans is shifting from 1st to 4th . I also suggested a teca relay swap. after much trouble shooting and replace TPS and MLPs that cured a random limp mode problem I was having and I believe that might have been original problem. thanks again. steve
  3. subford
    01-02-2019 09:20 AM - permalink
    There are no grounds in the E4OD harness and the E4OD is not grounded.
    The only ground is pin #46 of the PCM for the MLP sensor and the Transmission Temp sensor.
  4. stevep3916
    01-01-2019 09:54 PM - permalink
    I am trying to help a young man with a 1994 ford f250 diesel eo4d. trans won t shift right. I sent copy of eo4d manual I have. he asked me where trans harness grounded? I have sent him all the wiring diagrams I have , but none of them show ground locations. I have tried to get him to pull codes, he doesn t seem to want to do this. I have tried to get him to post here and ask for help, doesn t seem to want to do that either . if it is not too much trouble could you help me. some young people are so clueless about trouble shooting. this is supposed to be a new dealer reman.