Conversation Between tvsjr and zspeed130
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. zspeed130
    12-09-2014 09:34 PM - permalink
    I have decided to mount the batter on the frame under the bed.I want the plow and anything else to ONLY pull off the second battery, therefore isolating the main vehicle system. A I see it I just run large cable (probably 2 ga for the run back to under the bed) from the primary batteries terminal, fusing this wire as close to the primary battery as possible. Then again fuse the same wire right before it enters the new battery, the isolator would be in between these two fuses I suppose? Do you have a recommendation on an isolator? Seems like the auto parts stores sell thm for 30-80$ but I don't want to cheap out if it's an issue. Then I will install an Anderson connector so I can plug in the (probably again 2ga) cables to run up to the plow, with a second set of cables to plug In when I'm not using the plow that will run the inverter or anything else.
  2. zspeed130
    12-09-2014 09:33 PM - permalink
    I have decided to go with what you have recommended. I'm going to run the the low amp stuff off the blue sea block you recommended so I don't have to add any relays. However I have decided to add a second battery to run the plow, and any large eccessory like the inverte or later on board air etc.

can you detail a bit how to make sure the blue sea block goes "through" the sensor, or will it matter since you said to unplug the sensor for daul batteries.Maybe it is just better to unplug these. I hate to but I just watched makulocos video. I wanted to isolate the new battery but perhaps the solenoid isolation is better?
  3. zspeed130
    12-09-2014 09:30 PM - permalink
    I know you have already helped me a lot. I was hoping you could comment on my latest post regarding electrical upgrades. I have abbreviated it to fit. Thank you so much for your help thus far.