Sponsored by:

Curisity

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 PM
helirich
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Curisity

I went to look at a Bronco for a project of mine the other day.It wasnt what I wanted, but I was curious about somthing. It was a 93 with a 351/e40D. It had a electric shift motor on the transfer case. But the owner and I could not find a button to shift it! I had a electric shift on my old 88' Bronco, but this one had a differnt style dash. The owner bought this Bronc for parts and never drove it. I didnt know they offered e-shift in 93, but it didnt have any hole in the carpit either. So it must have been stock. Anybody that has one, please enlighten me as to where the buttons (4wd & hi/low) are.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:07 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Buttons are on the right-hand side of the dash immediately to the right of the instrument cluster in that big black bezel that surrounds the cluster. Two long elliptical buttons back lit. Top one "4x4", bottom one "LOW RANGE". Press the top button to engage 4 HI. Press the bottom to engage low gear. Press bottom again to go back to high or press top one again to disengage all together. '92 and up were like this.

If the truck you drove doesn't have them something has been changed. And be glad you didn't buy it because there is no telling what was done.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
helirich
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, thats where it was on my 88'. This one didnt have it! But there was no hole in the carpit for a manual. Maybe someone switched out the dash. The truck couldnt be driven. The rear axle was bent. That was strange too. I would have thought the leafs would rip off before the axle bent. (both the housing and axle inside were bent in an accedent)

Old 03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
In theory, you can bend an axle in the axle housing... tweak the wheel flange hard enough to cause wheel wobble. That is odd though... without those two switches/buttons or some retrofit version thereof, you can't control the electronic 1356 T-case. I know the manual t-case trucks have the same area on the dashboard but there are no buttons installed leaving a large blank panel.