Inherrited speakers, need advice (big bronco)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:57 AM
ubermich
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inherrited speakers, need advice (big bronco)

Heregoes. I have a 90 Bronco.
I just ran into a pair of 4x6s and a pair of 6x9s.
Broncos have a pair of 6.5s in the doors (which I've already replaced with pioneer TSAs, which I've been very happy with) and a pair of 6x8s in the back.

First of all, what would be the best choice for the new speakers... Should I replace the 6x8s with the 6x9s and be happy, or do something more radical like put the 4x6s in the dash or under it with kickpanels and put the 6x9s behind the back seat?

Second, what are my options in ghetto-amp-land? As much as I would love to go get a nice amp, if I could afford to do that I could afford to go get really nice speakers and have a custom setup

Thanks, from a poor college kid who just wants some more sound for the noisy drive to school/work.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:05 PM
danger_ranger_dude
Senior User
Well the cheapest route will be to go with just replacing the 6x9s, having 6 speakers would be nice, but i think it would be much harder than it would be worth, dont get me wrong, if you want to thats cool but it will be a bit of work. To answer your answer pyramid is normaly the cheapest you will find that works. I have a pyramid amp and subs and both work well. I would look at crutchfield.com, or teptronics.com and then look on froogle.com. Just because you dont want to pay alot doesnt mean you cant get the good stuff. If you have any other questions just ask, hope this helps.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:53 AM
superswamper
Elder User
yeah 6x9 boxes and a cheap 2 channel sound like the plan for you.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:26 PM
FAB150
Senior User
Pyle and Boss are definetly ghetto amps.