Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Newbie question about Ext. Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:56 AM
cliff191
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie question about Ext. Warranty

Looks like I am going to finally step up to the plate and buy my dream truck. It is a '02 f-350 PSD crew, Lariat, auto, with 50,000 km or about 30k miles. This truck has pretty much been babied, and all scheduled maint. done earlier than required by ford. (Orig owner owns a repair shop). Truck runs on full synthetic motor oil etc.
My dilemma...Do I purchase an extended warranty for $2300 CDN for an additional 50 000km or 3 years? I am a "working type guy" so that is a fair amount of dough that could be used elsewhere. In the next 3 years I may put 25 000km on the truck, and they will be easy miles (Kilometers??).
I get a ton of info lurking on the site, but would appriciate some real world opinions from the guys that have lived with these trucks.
What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance
Cliff

Old 12-08-2004, 05:59 AM
blackf3504dr
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO , every study on extented warranties show they are a waste of your money . Take the $2300 and put it in the bank , then when ( IF ) something goes wrong you can pay for it . NOW ! You will hear people say they always buy the extented warranty and how much money it saved them , there is an exception to every rule ! Extended warranties are an insurance policy , they are betting you won't need it and you are betting you will . Most of the time the company that issues the warranty wins or they would be out of business ( think about it ) . Oh , it doesn't matter if you're paying Cnd. or U.S your dollar is worth a dollar to you just like mine is worth a dollar to me .

Last edited by blackf3504dr; 12-08-2004 at 06:03 AM.