Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Thinking about selling and...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 07:49 AM
rstcso
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about selling and...

I think I'm going to sell my '89 F250 and want to get a ballpark guesstimate what I might expect. I'm not delusional and have unrealistic expectations. Specs: XLT Lariat, 5 speed, 3.55 rear-end, 169,000 miles, fiberglass cap. I've been getting between 16-20 mpg. The interior is in great shape. The front has 2 captain's chairs with console built between them that holds the 10 disc changer for the Sony stereo w/Polk speakers (dang, sounding like a teenager, now). I've had the truck for less than a year and have changed the injectors. The oil is changed every 3,000 miles and don't need to add oil between changes, although it does have a few drips. The coolant has always had the additive for as long as I've known the truck (it was my neighbors) and it always stays full. I live in central Texas and the air conditioner works great. It has the 8' bed with plastic liner. Also has 12,000lb hitch. Also, would you recommend selling here on the forum, locally, autotrader or (the dreaded) Ebay? I appreciate your input. I was going to sell my 2002 Dodge gasser and keep this truck for pulling my tractor and implements, but my wife says the Dodge is "such a nice truck". We have four vehicles between the two of use, not counting the tractor, so something has to give. The insurance is just too much have have them sitting. Sorry to be so long-winded. Thanks,
Brent

Old 11-07-2004, 07:16 PM
89ford73
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it a single cab or extended cab? you forgot to mention, but it sounds like its an extended because you (the front has catain chairs...)

Old 11-08-2004, 06:30 AM
rstcso
Freshman User
Sorry, it is a super cab.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:35 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Now if that truck was a 4x4 with a real straight body, thats just what I'm looking for to swap my cummins into. My 86 is in real good shape but I sure miss having a super cab.

As far as pricing goes, Edmunds shows anywhere from about $1,100-$3,500 depending on condition, 2wd, 4x4 ect. for my area code.