1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 06:22 PM
braineless
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry wont start

I found out the distributor was loose and not connected right. I took it off and fixed it then installed it. All the spark plug cables are connected right but it had a hard time starting. The idling problem sounded like it lessened, but now it wont start at all. no head lights, interior lights, no sound from the fuel injecter or anything. The battery is full charged. I am starting to get mad at it.. I guess that wont help.
Jeremy-
(This is also in a previous thread.)

Old 02-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does your 86 have a fuse/relay box under the hood? If so, check the 60 amp fuses.
Also, do a thorough check of the battery clamps & leads to confirm that they ARE tight etc.

Old 02-21-2004, 09:36 PM
el conquistador
Posting Guru
timing must be off

Old 02-22-2004, 02:47 PM
braineless
Freshman User
I got the distibutor in and the timing set right last night. It wouldn't so I put the charger on my extra battery and let it charge over night. This afternoon I put the charged battery in and it started right up. I gave it a little gas and it kept running. I idled it in park for a minute or so then i idled it in Neutral it still ran, but when I put it in Reverse, and lightly tapped the gas, it immediately died. Now I cant get it to start at all. It tries but wont turn.
Jeremy

Old 02-24-2004, 07:40 PM
braineless
Freshman User
I got it to start but i found out the fuel line was up against the exhaust manifold and burned a hole through the line... Glad i found that now and not after a an explosion I also have to replace the muffler and pipes. but the pipe between the converter and muffle is welded onto the converter... some stupid person wasnt thinking.. now i cant get it off unless i replace the whole converter. Any ideas?
Thanks Jeremy