where do we g2g

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
where do we g2g

i think in stead of just a cental vally it should be the hole chapter

im voteing for a ohv i say hollister they have a camp ground and ohv trails so we can make it a farwhell to summer type deal

so guys if u know a place speak up

Old 09-04-2011, 11:51 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One of these days we should do Hope Valley. The camping is free. There is fishing, A good place to drink beer, have campfires, bbq, lots of dirt roads to explore, and a challenging deer valley off road trail for those who wish to challenge their skills and aint asceered o' tearin' up their 4x4s. Although a long bed truck might be a little tough... If your into challenging OHV trails and have the right equipment (maybe a short wheel base vehicle), see the link below:
californiajeeper.com :: Deer Valley Trail

Or if your just into a little camping, fishing, beautiful fall colors and bbq time, check the link below for some pics. Not all of them are Hope Valley but they are titled so look at the appropriate pics:
Image Search Results for hope valley ca

Remember, if you don't have a Jeep or something like that, there are also many unimproved roads to explore in the area that our full sized trucks can easily maneuver if you just want to go exploring.

It would be nice to try and set something up for when the fall colors start busting out, like maybe toward the end of September. It really depends on when the colors come out this year as it tends to vary from year to year. Usually when it starts getting cold at night, so if we did this in Fall you would want to bring sweaters for day and coats for night time. But if earlier in September it would be a bit warmer but still cool at night...

This is a pristine area so you would not want to go here to trash the place. But IMO, still would be a fun time as long as folks exercise a little common sense.

Tigerdan knows more about the Deer Valley 4x4 trail. Maybe he can offer some intel on that.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
thanks old stone front that place looks sweet some fun off road but not over kill i think my crew cab could handdel that its onl about 160 miles form me fuel might be a pian in the but but i bet i have to car pulll with neverunoughthp lol

Old 09-04-2011, 12:17 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by joe f350
i think my crew cab could handdel that
Weeell, not sure if the crew-cab might be too long for the Deer Valley Trail... You might want to check it out a bit before committing to the trail. It would suck to find yourself stranded down in there. TigerDan would know more than I. I haven't personally taken the trail, but I believe Dan has. But there are still lots of dirt roads around there to explore. One in particular is somewhat challenging, just before reaching a little lake, on the North side of Hwy 88. Haven't taken that road for quite a while so I hope it is still there, or hasn't been repaired... I could point it out to you though.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:20 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
yea i have to ask dan and if the crew cab can i just bring the bronco

and if all esle fails i just put it in granny low and push it out my way im not to worried about a few dings and dents

Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What's this about Markleeville?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:56 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
i made this to so ever body not just the central vally would knoe about the g2g

Old 09-06-2011, 11:12 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by nevrenufhp
What's this about Markleeville?
Um, well I just thought I'd just throw it out there. It's a nice area.
That's where I live btw. I suppose it may have been a little selfish of me. Sorry.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 AM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nothing wrong with there either.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
nice after watching you tube videos of the place i think it a good little trail idk where the camping is but for free u cant conplain

Old 09-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 134 Likes on 128 Posts
Hope valley looks awesome in the pics, I bet it is even better in person.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:20 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
It is nice Jim. Especially when the Fall colors start up, coming soon. South Lake Tahoe is just around the bend from there too. Only problem with Fall is that it starts getting pretty cool that time of year. Summer is prolly best for tent camping... Of course I'd be hunkerin in my heated camper during the night.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:18 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been over the Deer Valley trail several times, it's one of my favorites. I wouldn't try to take a LWB truck over it though, and it's a bit rough in spots...not quite as bad as the Rubicon, but it's got some challenging spots, especially the Gatekeeper on the Hwy. 4 end. There's also a free campground on that end. The paid campgrounds are certainly nicer, one at Lake Alpine on Hwy. 4 near the South end of the trail and several at Blue Lakes on the north end are really nice.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 134 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
It is nice Jim. Especially when the Fall colors start up, coming soon. South Lake Tahoe is just around the bend from there too. Only problem with Fall is that it starts getting pretty cool that time of year. Summer is prolly best for tent camping... Of course I'd be hunkerin in my heated camper during the night.
Ah the luxury of having a fifth wheeler. ) That is why I am anxious to get that truck/5th wheel deal, gotta keep up with the Tim's

Just kidding, I want it so I can live in it, and save rent, and PG&E costs, etc, but it sounded good didn't it?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:15 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
so when is a good time to plan this out night eyes if dear vally is the place we settal on dale aka never enought hp is all so gona car pull with us lol i hope u have a temt budy cause i shure dont

Quick Reply: where do we g2g