1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody 1961, 1962 and 1963 Ford F100 Unibody trucks

Show us your Pitures of Unibodies

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 PM
jhooch
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 62RatRod
I still need a title for mine but cant find the vin anywhere on the truck. The last time it was inspected and registered was in 96' and it still has the plates on it. Shouldn't I be able to take the plates to registration office and they can find out what the vin is from there?
VIN should be on the inside of the glove box door (on the warranty plate) as well as on the top of the passenger side framerail between the radiator and the crossmember. You'll probably have to do some heavy duty archeological type digging through years of grime to unearth the one on the frame.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pburress
I don't seem to be able to post pictures... no link to do so. My login here is several years old and I just reactivated it. I have a support ticket in on the issue.

I was able to update my avatar with a pic of my Unibody!
Hey Bud I just got home from the hospital. Been gone bout a week. I just found this. I don't know if ya have seen this or not, or if you have tried it yet. But this works for posting pic's on this site. Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 AM
pburress
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jhooch
Here's my 62 with 262 six and 4-speed. Has a hole in the number one piston so the motor will be coming out. I was going to put a V8 in it but I think I'll just rebuild the 262 since there aren't that many around. Some people claim the 262 wasn't available in an F100 in '62 and most of the Ford literature doesn't show it.
Jhooch, that's similar to my '63- same color, same original 262 i6 with the F10B... VIN. If you happen to change engines or anything like that, let me know. I may be interested in some of those 262 parts such as the air cleaner....

Phil
Wichita, KS

Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
pburress
Senior User
My 1963 Uni

Okay, I figured out the pic posting. Here it is on the trailer. An ebay find, trailered it back to Wichita, KS from Albuquerque over the Thanksgiving weekend. It's in nice mostly original shape with a recent paint job. It's currently in the shop getting the front end/steering rebuilt. The floor pans are in better than average shape I'd say, but need some new metal welded in in a couple of spots. I may just have them replace both floor pans. The front cab mounts also need to be rebuilt/replaced.

I will post more pics when I get them.

Phil
Wichita, KS

Old 12-06-2011, 04:31 PM
jhooch
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking truck Phil!

Old 12-07-2011, 11:22 AM
cashaden
New User
And so it begins...

I am new here and this is the reason why. This should be a fun project. Not really sure what my plans are, but wish me luck.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's a good looking Uni cashaden. I like the wheels, they remind me of the old Craigers. Whats your plans for it? Is it a Y-Block, I6 or what?.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:10 PM
cashaden
New User
I don't have too much yet in terms of plans, and I don't have any plans to make any big unnecessary changes. My main goal at this point would be to get it in good enough condition to drive it on a regular basis if desired.

I believe it came with the I6, but it currently has the y-block with the cross-over. Nice rims and tires do make a big difference, and that is one less item that I need to update. The PO installed new brake lines and a new exhaust, so that is taken care of. It does run, but it is pretty rough and rich. I think a rebuild of the carb should solve that issue, then it should be able to drive around the block. Of course there are other issues but this could get to be a really long post.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cashaden
I don't have too much yet in terms of plans, and I don't have any plans to make any big unnecessary changes. My main goal at this point would be to get it in good enough condition to drive it on a regular basis if desired.

I believe it came with the I6, but it currently has the y-block with the cross-over. Nice rims and tires do make a big difference, and that is one less item that I need to update. The PO installed new brake lines and a new exhaust, so that is taken care of. It does run, but it is pretty rough and rich. I think a rebuild of the carb should solve that issue, then it should be able to drive around the block. Of course there are other issues but this could get to be a really long post.
Nice Slick! Yeah it seems most of them turn into really long Projects!

Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot
Yeah it seems most of them turn into really long Projects!
I resemble that remark.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by turbohunter
I resemble that remark.
Marc, some of us only work on one project at a time! LOL

Old 12-07-2011, 05:29 PM
62RatRod
Junior User
Originally Posted by jhooch
VIN should be on the inside of the glove box door (on the warranty plate) as well as on the top of the passenger side framerail between the radiator and the crossmember. You'll probably have to do some heavy duty archeological type digging through years of grime to unearth the one on the frame.
Thanks, it doesn't have a tag on the glove box door and the on the drivers side door is gone as well, but I had heard about the frame rail just didn't know exactly where to look. You're right about the grime too it's all over the place.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
MarauderPU
MarauderPU
New pictures 63 Marauder F-100

Fun to be finally driving this thing, finally. Handles like a go cart. Got it tagged and believe it or not, the lady at the DMV was very helpful

Attached Images   
Old 12-16-2011, 05:42 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MarauderPU
believe it or not, the lady at the DMV was very helpful
Did they have any issues with the mix of parts?
How did you present it to them (did they just see Maurader numbers)?
Kind of curious, as they are definitely not helpful down here in LaLa.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:46 PM
MarauderPU
MarauderPU
I need a M-100 Mercury Truck Grill

I see a Mercury Grill in the Ford truck. I would like to buy it. I am trying to convert my Mercury Marauder chassis truck to all Mercury. That grill is perfect.

Can we make a deal?

Karl

Quick Reply: Show us your Pitures of Unibodies