Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 10:03 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 936 Likes on 684 Posts
Originally Posted by carbon coupe
I think its called a bag hook. Yours looks like its home made....crazy.
I see them available in different colors Steph.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2000-20...item212d62bdaf

Attached Images  
Old 11-27-2017, 11:19 AM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Attempt at humor retracted....

Old 11-27-2017, 12:03 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,134 Likes on 563 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Didn't realize you smoked
I keep small change in there, the whole thing got stolen one night when some idiots hit every driveway in the area looking for unlocked vehicles like mine. Morons were caught when their truck broke down at 4 AM and the kindly sheriff stopped to help, noticed a pile of GPS's in the back of the truck. Got my GPS back, never got the ashtray back.

I used to smoke, finally quit 6 months ago. Never used the ashtray for that.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:46 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I swapped mine out for the ash tray from a early build '00 Ex. I store my business cards in there.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I use my cup holders for change. I only have like 4 others to use for actual cups.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:25 PM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nicmike
Not aware of anyplace online, except salvage yards.

Only the Excursions and Expeditions share the overheads. There are a TON of Expys in the junkyards around CenTex.

In 05, the dash changed, so parts do not interchange unless you have an 05 X...I think. Can't remember if the 05 X got the 05 super duty dash.
Haha ok, I'll have to take the time to check locally then. Mine is an 05

Old 11-27-2017, 09:27 PM
lovestrucks
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wpnaes

Thanks Sean

Old 11-28-2017, 07:27 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicmike
I can get both parts locally to me at the Gold Mine, or I can get you an ashtray to go there instead. You could also find it locally to you in salvage by looking in 99-04 Super Duty trucks. The sunglass door you are looking for can be found in your local junkyard in a 97-02 Expedition with same color interior as yours. If I were you, I would just buy the whole overhead console for future spare parts needs. The overhead consoles are identical in those year Expeditions.
The overhead consoles aren't exact color wise- I bought one from an Expedition to fix the door in my old '02, and the colors were different. The brown was more red on the Expy one and the tan was darker too. The parts will all interchange though. Mine was missing the latch piece, so I ended up just making a new hinge and then using the Expy latch in my original door. You wouldn't really notice the color difference then.

Originally Posted by lovestrucks
Ya it's almost started to bubble up

Mmk, I'll have to look into that as well. Besides a local junk yard, you're not familiar with any online sites are you? If the Excursion has discontinued parts, wouldn't the Expedition as well I know the 05-07 trucks have familiar parts, but didn't know if they had overhead consoles.
That's really weird. I've heard the '05 black dash panels haven't been holding up well either, for ones that have sat outside a lot.

Only '97-02 Expedition consoles will be compatible, and only '99-04 Super Duty dash parts will interchange, but not be an exact match. '05 did receive the more yellow plastic trim, which matches the '05-07 Super Duty, but the SD parts were all redesigned.

For some parts, you can try car-part.com, but not for something as small as the dash hook. You can use it to plug in like an axle or something and see what local yards to you might have an Excursion, and then go get the part in person. Another option is when you find sites that state a part is discontinued, look to see if they show a part number still. Many do. Take that and search it. Google probably will find more discontinued results, but you may have luck on eBay, as Sean found. Many sellers may know a part number for something but won't know what we all call it or what it fits, and a part number will be common language.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:45 AM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can say that the grey overhead sunglasses door from an expedition was identical color to the broken one in my 05 Ex. They are not easy to get out without breaking them though as years of heat have likely made them brittle as well..

Old 11-28-2017, 08:10 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 287 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by 05MilMachine
I can say that the grey overhead sunglasses door from an expedition was identical color to the broken one in my 05 Ex. They are not easy to get out without breaking them though as years of heat have likely made them brittle as well..
A 3 year old broke the one for the garage door opener on my truck. Been looking for one ever since...

Old 11-28-2017, 09:39 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
A 3 year old broke the one for the garage door opener on my truck. Been looking for one ever since...
Another 3 year old? You must like punishment

Old 11-28-2017, 06:28 PM
High Cetane
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Nice weather" they said...."take the EX instead of the F150" they said....what the voices didn't tell me, was the truck's fuel pump would quit at the hardware store today.

Good times.....

Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2017, 06:44 PM
gwh1bass
Senior User
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
Left it plugged in to the on board battery charger last night, fired up today no issue. Going to drive it tomorrow so it's melting off in the garage.

Curious what do you use for battery charging?, A small battery tender? My batteries also draw done while the vehicle is unused. Currently I throw a charger on it every week or so, but a small battery tender left plugged in while it sits would be better.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:46 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 835 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by gwh1bass
Curious what do you use for battery charging?, A small battery tender? My batteries also draw done while the vehicle is unused. Currently I throw a charger on it every week or so, but a small battery tender left plugged in while it sits would be better.

I can't answer for Russ of course, I think he may be using a Schumacher maintainer if I recall correctly, but I've been using a 5VDC BatteryTender Power Tender 5 Amp Battery Charger on my EX for at least five years now. I always have something (or a few) plugged in either changing or left on and it sits for long periods as its our dedicated tow rig. It does a great job as the EX always fires right up on the first tap of the key even if I was bad Nd left something on the last time out.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:47 PM
gwh1bass
Senior User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
I can't answer for Russ of course, I think he may be using a Schumacher maintainer if I recall correctly, but I've been using a 5VDC BatteryTender Power Tender 5 Amp Battery Charger on my EX for at least five years now. I always have something (or a few) plugged in either changing or left on and it sits for long periods as its our dedicated tow rig. It does a great job as the EX always fires right up on the first tap of the key even if I was bad Nd left something on the last time out.
appreciate the reply, looking for something to mount under hood that I can leave plugged in while the truck is not driven. As a camper hauler the Ex see more action during the warmer weather in Michigan than winter time.

as a battery powered golf cart owner, a fully charged battery is a happy battery.

for whatever reason two weeks idle, I’m at 60 percent charge.

Going to mount a charger with a receptacle to keep it charged up.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?