Viper 5901 in 2004 F350

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
beemr
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper 5901 in 2004 F350

I am installing a Viper 5901 alarm in a 2004 F350 Crew Cab 6.0 diesel Automatic.

Does anyone have the vehicle specific installation instructions for this application?

There are a few questions I have concerning which wires to use in the installation, and how they are connected to the truck.

I also have a few questions on exactly how the alarm works, and what certain wires do, so that I may add some special relays and circuits to better the function of the alarm.

I will start with the questions on how the alarm works:

1. The Control Center:

As I understand it, the Control Center has an LED, the Valet button and the antenna. The Valet button is used to program the alarm, but also to disable the alarm by turning the ignition to "ON" and then pushing the Valet button.

I am told that all a thief has to do is break in, jimmy the ignition switch to "on" and then push the button. The alarm is now turned off. The instructions say to mount the Control Center in the middle of the windshield, which makes this an easy task for the thief.

There is an optional Valet button, #8631. How does this switch hook up to the brain, while still allowing the antenna to function? There is only one 6-pin connector. Does the optional switch come with a Y-harness to allow both to connect to the brain? If so, would both the Control Center Valet switch and optional switch be active at the same time?

I was thinking that I could hide the optional Valet switch in a not-so-convenient place, and then super glue or disable the actual Valet switch in the Control Center.

There are the following 6 wires coming from the Control Center:
-Pink
-Green
-Red
-Black
-Blue
-Grey

Which 2 wires coming from the Control Center are for the antenna?

Can I cut the wires for the LED & Valet switch and splice in my own switch, thereby making the Valet switch in the Control Center non-operable?

2. What functions are turned off when the alarm is armed? I am assuming the starter wire, but is there anything else, like the ignition circuit?

3. How & when is the H1/4 Light Flash Isolation wire used?

4. How & when is the H1/10 Remote/Turbo Timer Activation wire used?
Where is it connected on the truck?

5. How does the H2/6 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Unlock Output work? Where is it connected on the truck.? I am wanting to use this function to turn on a fuel pump relay I am adding for additional security. (more on this later)

6.How & when is the H3/2 Ignition 2/Flex Relay Input wire used? Where is it connected on the truck?

7. Why is the starter wire cut for installation of the H3/5 Starter Input wire? How does this circuit flow when power to the alarm is removed?

8. How & when is the H3/6 wire used? Where is it connected on the truck?

9. How & when are the H3/7 and H3/8 wires used? Where are they connected to the truck?

10. When the alarm is "on" and the truck door is opened, will the alarm trip instantly, sending a signal to my key fob remote, or will there be a 30 second delay before it goes off? I am wanting the alarm to sound instantly upon any door being opened, and to send me a notice.

Basically, I am needing vehicle specific instructions on which wires to utilize in the alarm installation, along with where and how to connect them. I will be soldering all connections.

Sorry if this is long winded, but I have been unable to find installtion instructions for my truck, and I really need to move forward in getting this system up and running.

If anyone knows of a good installer in Houston, Tx I can talk to, that would be beneficial also.

Thank you in advance...
Thomas