1995 Ranger Clutch Comments

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:53 PM
gsthompson
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Ranger Clutch Comments

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who help me with this project. Just finished the clutch job yesterday and the truck appears to be running great now.
Once I got past the reinstall of the transmission, putting the parts back in was pretty straight forward with no real surprises.
For anyone considering this project I have a few suggestions that could save some time...
Get a basic set of Irwin bolt extractors from Autozone... the kit with the13mm size. About $25 and worth every penny. Great for removing the top 2 bolts on the transmission. If you have problems removing the transmission crossmember bolts... consider using a sawzall with metal cutting blades to cut these bolts out. You'll need to replace the whole crossmember, but trying to remove the bolts is probably impossible in a 15 year old truck. And drain the transmission fluid before removing the drive shaft and transmission. This will save a lot of time cleaning up the dripping mess (I know, I did this the hard way).
For those of you who do this for a living you have my respect. For those of you who need to do this on your primary vehicle during a single weekend... find a good friend to help.

Next winter it will be the timing belt so I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions.

Thanks again everyone. Take care,

Just George

1995 Ranger, 2wd, 2.3L, 5spd manual, 150,000 good miles.