Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Label 68 Bronco 4.6 4V and 42" MTRs

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Nice build. I can't wait to see it done.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:07 PM
1-4-ford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep up the good work!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
With all the steel plate added, this puppy is going to weigh a ton, but that 4.6 is going to make this puppy haul some serious bootay!!

I'm looking forward to watching more progress, so please, don't let the "razzers" and their "superior" knowledge run you off, like they did on another build.

America was built on individual enginuity. Not on everyone thinking alike on everything done. THANK GOD FOR THAT ... we'd still be in the dark ages, riding steam engines ... if they ever made it past the critics and got built in the first place.

Looking forward to many more pics and a major successful build!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 AM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordlover55
I'm looking forward to watching more progress, so please, don't let the "razzers" and their "superior" knowledge run you off, like they did on another build.
Thanks man, but what was the other build? No body scared me off. Maybe it's one that I moved.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Broncoholic1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by houseofdiesel
Thanks man, but what was the other build? No body scared me off. Maybe it's one that I moved.

2X What was the run off build thread link?

edit:

OBTW Very nice progress

Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Carlene
Admom
It was one in the Offroad forum that I though I had clearly explained the circumstances to Dick privately.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Broncoholic1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Carlene
It was one in the Offroad forum that I though I had clearly explained the circumstances to Dick privately.

That Damn Dick...

Old 02-26-2010, 08:53 AM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
UPDATE 2/25/10

Well got a lot done last night. Put most of the top of the motor back together and modified the universal truss from Poly Performance. It's a great piece but the heim mounts are angled at like 25 degrees for Jeeps so they aren't totally universal, but I like it a lot better than the flat channel design most use. So I had to cut everything out and reposition them at 10 Degrees. As for all the performance parts everything went in pretty flawless except the boost blow off at the driver side of the blower was contacting the Aeromotive fuel rail so we had to notch the rail a little to give it clearance. Not pretty but it works.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 AM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
I think they might have done that to me when I first came on here but they've been very cool ever since. The only forum that I've ever had an issue with sounds like Diesel Pop. They are completely biased. Everyone on there does nothing but gloat about SCT and a couple other products and because I have a different opinion they kept deleting my posts, but it was cool for everybody to bash Banks or Edge. It really got to me though when an administrator kept moving all of my threads over to the Off-road forum. I tried contacting them, politely for awhile but nobody would respond so I quite going there for a while. When I started getting the SuperCrawler ready for TTC I began using the site again and at first had no problem. Then after I started posting the '05 daily drive thread showing the success I've had with the Edge A2 Platinum the administrator started putting all my posts in the off road forum again. After several PM's I finally got a response, only after a nasty one, and then he used that against me. I tries and tries to smooth things over but the guy was just really pompous and had a personal agenda. Oh kinda like Obama. Didn't care about, right, wrong, or fair just here ya go. So I finally couldn't take it and sent him a nasty PM and he had me permanently kicked off. What ever I'm sure he never showed his boss all of the polite PM's I sent him asking what the issue was. Cause one time when I got the chance to send the backlog of conversations to his boss he sent me a nasty message to never contact any of the other advisers again and left me alone for awhile. I like FTE.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Carlene
Admom
So what you're telling me is that I need to send this thread to the Offroad Forum.

I'm glad you found us cause I'd sure hate to miss seeing your build. Sweet looking EB.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:08 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
So what you're telling me is that I need to send this thread to the Offroad Forum.

I'm glad you found us cause I'd sure hate to miss seeing your build. Sweet looking EB.

Thank you I really appreciate it.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:06 AM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
UPDATE 2/26/10

Well it was a late night but took our time to reroute some wires and lines, and re-tape some of the harness. Trying to make sure I get things right this time. Kinda nice I got to run the setup for a while before doing it like this cause I've already gotten to work a lot of the bugs out and now improve one things I had issues with over the past couple years. Lots of pics so for now I'll just post some pics of the goodies and then later tomorrow update pics on the modifications made tonight to make the pulley setup work with the tighter alternator setup. Here is some pics of Stiegemeier's awesome craftsmanship on the ported Eaton Snake Bite package. I was really happy with how flawless the whole process was, and really pleased with the time they gave me to make sure that I understood exactly what other accessories to get to compliment the setup, from correct pulleys to sticks.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:44 AM
pintoches
Postmaster
One word. WOW!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:10 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
UPDATE 2/26/10 continued

Okay now for the front accessory setup and cleaning up the wiring. I let the gauges go with the chassis when I traded out the buggy frame to have less crap laying around and it made figuring some of the wiring a complete pain in the rear. If you use tape to mark your wires, be sure to use good quality dark colors. Over the past 6 months that the motor's been here and there in the shop some of the tagged stuff had become pretty un-legible. DON"T use white tape. Someone that was helping me used some white tape on a couple and those were now blank. Still glad I did tag the connectors those, cause is saved hours. Now as for the pulley setup. To move the Alternator in, you need to delete the lower accessory bracket that spans the whole lower end of the motor. At first I was looking at having to have a custom crank outer pulley made cause the OE unit is made up of 4 pieces and uses the bracket to spin true. After much search I found the answer thanks to the SVTP crew. Metco Motorsports makes a lower bracket delete kit, and luckily they are one of the top brands that are recommended for replacement underdrive pulleys anyways so I was able to get all my pulleys from one place and they were great and even very quick with the main crank that was on back order. Now their bracket delete is designed for the Alternator to still go in the factory location. There were actually two holes a little lower and in on the block that lined up to use the top factory Alternator bracket. A lower bracket still has to be made. Now putting everything on the Metco Bracket for the relocated underdrive pulley needed to be notched slightly to clear the alt. bracket. With the Metco bracket on the OE alt bracket then had to be shaved slightly to clear the underdrive pulley. Wallah everything fit beautifully. It was way easier than I was expecting and really went smooth, luuuuucky. So for reference the modular motor accessory setup now measures 26"s and 29"s at the valve covers across. The OE frame width was around 23" so it still wouldn't have fit but probably could with some notching, a smaller power steering pump, and custom headers. Oh ya and here is a really good picture of a 4.6 SVT Cobra terminator 4V pulley diagram, accessory drive, cause that was a #*&^$ to find last night. Oh and I almost forgot, that is the factory belts.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Broncoholic1
Posting Guru

I think you might have to move it to club FTE he said

"Kinda like Obama".....

Quick Reply: Red Label 68 Bronco 4.6 4V and 42" MTRs