6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

thinking about upgrading need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Topdrive, just to put a close on my comments. The weather cleared up down here today and I drove the truck for an hour on the interstate, I gave it three chances to fail a hard acceleration and each time it ran like a top and took me from 60 MPH or so to 85MPH or so in a blink. And with a 4.30 diff it's turning and burning at that point. So if you will read the tread at the very top of this forum on white smoke you will probably have a better feel for that problem. As MPG is concerned it still sucks when compared to a comprable 7.3 Liter, but mine is a lowly geared heavy model and in hind sight my trip Tuesday was in very heavy rain and a very heavy wind against me so the 12.5 mpg should probably be considered sub par. Besides that, just when I started looking for a low mileage 7.3 dooley I found one with 36,000 miles on it and I find myself unwilling to pull the trigger. So I guess I now change my vote on your original question to "present". Good luck with your decision.