Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baddest azz 4x4 fords?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He finished the buggy a long while ago. I think so anyways, there's a video of it where he jumps it and breaks his tie rods and flattens both front tires nine seconds into the video lol.

I don't know, posting up his '49 kind of inspired me to build one.

Between "SGT. ROCK", the 1949 Dodge Military truck on 54's built by Stacey David (The former host of Trucks! and the current host of Gearz), and Leroys truck, i'm kind of inspired to build one of these old trucks.

I found a 1947 Ford truck cab and grille. $150. Anyone think this would make one sweet project??

Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the look of the old late 40's early 50's truck that have been built up. I run a few runs each year with Ryan Anderson (son of Dennis Anderson) and have loved the look of his 1950 *****'s pickup. Here's an old run of his:

YouTube - Son Uva Digger

Too bad he runs chevy parts though.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 PM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys should ba able to finish a project. Cant tell you how much it hurts to see projects just sitting. Guess I am just that way. Heak, I have built a 75 using a 79 cab, and 1 ton gear, complete with body work and paint, as well as my crew cab. Its almost done, the 1-ton Bronco, in less time than it took to read through some of these posts.
Heak, Ive even started on yet another 1-ton Bronco. I started yeaterday, and its moving right along.

Name:  HPIM1652.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  114.4 KB

Big difference is that I will have it done by this weekend. I plan on taking it out for its debut sunday. Yup, complete conversion in a matter of days. I might add that I have a regular day job too. I did not work on the thing today at all. Might only work on it wednesday, and thursday, work out the bugs friday, and fix what has to be fixed on saturday afternoon. I have a charity event saturday during the day.
Kills me to see a truck half done, or just torn apart and sitting there waiting to go out and play. Id run a bone stock truck before I took anything apart and let it sit.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Prozon
Postmaster
Well Ed, i'd say the biggest difference between you and I is priorities and money.

First off, sad to say, my F-350 isn't on the top of the list haha. Although I did just finish the flooring in my house. But i've got some other work to do.
Secondly, well I have pretty much no income at the moment. Work is slow these days. There's just no need for logging atm.

Just so you all know, in all seriousness, my only vehicle project is my F-350. And i'm just waiting on funds. I've finished the Jeep restoration, the car, the f-150's engine swap, finished painting my nephews truck aswell. I complete projects, but I like to have multiple projects to jump right in one when I finish another. I would love to be able to do all the work I want to the F-350, but the income just won't have it.

And most of the money I make from selling things, goes towards bills. LOL.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 AM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I hear you there man. I am not a giant income maniac.
Ive said it before, I run each vehicle like a business. each vehicle gets a set goal and a budget. I stick to it, and try to find the best parts for the money. Key here is that I dont waste money any longer. In days of past, I would lift something just to lift it, and perhaps sacrifice on some key components. I cant tell you haw many Dana 44 axles that I have destroyed in the hopes that "this one would last". No more. If I cant build it to the standards that I know have to be kept, it does not get built.
I also try to get as many components as possible before I build something. Cant tell you how many guys tear something apart and let it sit because they are waiting on parts.
Ive had tires and springs sitting for weeks before I ended up installing everything, simply because I had been waitning to finish some brake lines, or had to wait for some rod ends or something. When I get down and dirty, I'm all in, and I try not to waste time waiting on parts.
New floors in the house are a good thing. Im installing doors myself, as well as building new cabinets for the garage, new closet doors for two of the bedrooms, new lighting in the kitchen and another 1200 or so square feet of wood floors for my hallway, and entrance.
I do understand that money is tight, heak its tight all over. Everyone is in what seems like a struggle these days, or perhaps we just got spoiled when money was just so easy to come by.
Find some motivation man, get that nice truck back on the road..............

Old 12-01-2009, 01:51 AM
79Ford4x4
Elder User
I have to say that I am guilty of an unfinished project. My 79 was just going to get a new motor but I kept getting deals on stuff that I could not pass up. Started with a pulled motor, then I pulled the axles when I got my D60, then I stripped her down when I got my TSL's. Came up with a plan for how I was going to do things real quick and for the most part I have stuck to it. But the little things are killing it bad. Like the poly's for the upper link of my radius arms. I didn't realize that they were wider than the lower link they mount to. So, I am waiting on my heims and misalignments to get here. Been waiting three weeks on that. Normaly I try to get everything here before I start. I have an electrician rewiring the house and I had to move her the other day. Engine hoist on on end and floor jack on the other. Bout tipped my poor truck so many times it wasn't funny. My 89 hasn't been started on yet because I don't want to render it useless for months wile I wait for some parts. But once they get here it will get torn into.

Yeah the economy is crap right now. I've been in construction for 10 years now. I don't care how many people say that it is getting better, it hasn't. Atleast not here. Money is tighter than it has ever been for me but I try to live like I did before. Hell my kids and woman would be miserable if I changed our lifestyle

Old 12-01-2009, 02:00 AM
EricW.
Senior User
Originally Posted by kjett
Last I heard, he wasn't fixing it...
Yup, last time I talked to him he was going a different route (the buggy) and said MAYBE in the future he'd build another mud truck.

Originally Posted by Prozon
He finished the buggy a long while ago. I think so anyways, there's a video of it where he jumps it and breaks his tie rods and flattens both front tires nine seconds into the video lol...
That was up here in Udaho at on of the local 4x4 club events, he did get it fixed with the help of the locals...

Old 12-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Originally Posted by EricW.
That was up here in Udaho at on of the local 4x4 club events, he did get it fixed with the help of the locals...
Yes, I remember it was up again to finish the events. Damn nice Buggy aswell. There is a buildup of it on pirate if anyone wants to look at it.

Originally Posted by 75F350
Find some motivation man, get that nice truck back on the road........
Will do.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM
crushtheogre
Senior User
my 99 F350 Superduty

Here's my baby, not too sick because I still drive it onroad more than anything but it goes like hell!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Ronin4x4
Senior User
I cant believe I forgot about skippedlinks truck! Thank you for posting that! I remember when he was building that my mind was blown his is hands down the sweetest build I have ever seen in here. Im just sorry to hear its not together any more

Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Originally Posted by crushtheogre
Here's my baby, not too sick because I still drive it onroad more than anything but it goes like hell!!!
Looks pretty good. What are the specs??

Originally Posted by Ronin4x4
I cant believe I forgot about skippedlinks truck! Thank you for posting that! I remember when he was building that my mind was blown his is hands down the sweetest build I have ever seen in here. Im just sorry to hear its not together any more
Yeah its kind of sad to hear that its not, but I have to admit that his buggy is a pretty good replacement for it. Have you seen it? Its pretty frickin' sweet.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:43 PM
crushtheogre
Senior User
my 99 F350: 7.3L PSD Ext. cab, LB, Garret GTP38R, AFE stage 2 intake, Banks monster 4" catback, SCT Cortex, 05 grill, 4" lift, 39" Pitbull Maddogs, ARB bumper, Warn 12K winch, 4:56s, Detroit locker front, LS rear, lol.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:09 PM
WhiteZombie
Senior User
Old 12-03-2009, 03:10 PM
WhiteZombie
Senior User
Old 12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
WhiteZombie
Senior User