Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Riffraff East Head Count Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That's really cool!
I just made the reservations, we're coming in on Monday the 3rd (late) and going to make a week of it. I know the other two will enjoy the amusement park and some caverns and sightseeing. Looking forward to some fun and meeting new people (which I don't do very often). We'll have some ladder ball and tether ball. Might even break out the croquet set.

There's some great wheeling out there too, if I knew someone else was bringing a Jeep or 4wd I'd bring mine and do some trail riding for a day.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zx250
Let's see how this works.
Looks good Barry. Thanks for doing this. J-L is 9 though not 12. She may act 16 at times though.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:38 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This may be easier to see and use.

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:39 PM
nissandoc
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HKusp
My wife, daughter 11, and my son who will turn 9 on that Sunday. This is kinda his birthday trip. We usually go somewhere for the weekend near his birthday, most times an amusement park. This should be really fun though.

I have room for two and was gonna offer. It would be real cramped with four. Sorry. Do you have something worked out yet?

Old 06-22-2009, 02:39 PM
zx250
Originally Posted by megawatt00
Looks good Barry. Thanks for doing this. J-L is 9 though not 12. She may act 16 at times though.
I knew that and don't know how that was ever listed that way. Looks like you have a birthday party to plan for now.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
I knew that and don't know how that was ever listed that way. Looks like you have a birthday party to plan for now.
If it was near her B-Day I would it is in Sept though. Plus with all of us going the cake would have to be huge!!

Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 PM
zx250
It's Jason's sons birthday on the Saturday we will be there.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:37 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
That will make for one heck of a B-Day for him!!

Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 PM
zx250
Yep, he's turning 9 on Saturday if I read Jason's post correctly. I figure a hundred or so people, lots of big trucks and good food will make for a party he won't soon forget!

Old 06-22-2009, 05:33 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PlatinumPete
Well since we are also keeping track of site #'s, I have cabin K77, Jim it looks like we are going to be neighbors
I am in 79 so we'll also be neighbors I might have to trade you for the Platinum edition

Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
You have a beautiful cabin. I have a pic of it. It is on the pond, beautiful spot!
Look all the way up at the top of the map. It is a cabin by itself. The best cabin IMO.
Ain't that the truth I seen that one yesterday it is big and right above all of the camp sites that everyone will be at plus a tent spot right beside of it.

Originally Posted by 1999SuperDutyStroke
Maybe that will put the wife in a good mood!!!!!
Originally Posted by 1999SuperDutyStroke
Thats why we have OUR checking account, and i have MY checking account!!!!
Originally Posted by big poppa pump
Very smart man, I have three, nananananana.
Agreed it makes it a little easier to sneak out the PMS fund until she sees the statment LMAO

The cabins are all booked up, so I have a little problem. I looked into some of the other campsite's around the area and there aren't any with small cabins like this one.
Jason if I had a bigger one you would be welcome to stay with me but I only have two bunks. Have you tried renting from Model Rentals From Tennessee RV Sales and Service I know you mentioned it last year they would probably give you a great rate and you could stay at the camp ground.
Originally Posted by F250_
I just noticed on their website that they say that Group sizes are limited to 100 max.

Also, Barry... I just called back and my cabin is #78.
Sweet, two Petes, Me , and Jim all right together, who wants to pitch some tents?

Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
When I spoke with the owner I told him that there is a possibility that this thing could be very big. He said... "bring it on"
If we get near 100 I will contact him to verify that we will be fine. He is very accommodating.

As of the last count I counted 51 adults and 14 children.

I will stay in touch with the owner so nothing happens to this rally. You have my word!
Both him and his wife were grinning from ear to ear yesterday after being flooded with calls, I believe we are going to need alot more space but that should be no problem since only we have booked for that weekend sofar.

Originally Posted by spdmpo
Oh great, you guys are twisting my arm now until I unload my SCT X3 w/Jody's tunes for a F6 tuner. I don't know if I'll be able to resist that.

I still haven't made reservations, but I will here in a few minutes. Not because we're not sure, I'm just waiting on the boss to let me know how much time she can get off work. We're thinking about coming on Monday and staying through Sunday and making a week of it.
That would be a great idea gatlinburg, piegon forge are all just 40 minutes away you could spend a week easily there and still not see everything.

My wife, daughter 11, and my son who will turn 9 on that Sunday. This is kinda his birthday trip. We usually go somewhere for the weekend near his birthday, most times an amusement park. This should be really fun though.
You know Dollywood and Splash Country are right there Jason Just watch out for the rental jeeps .

Yep, he's turning 9 on Saturday if I read Jason's post correctly. I figure a hundred or so people, lots of big trucks and good food will make for a party he won't soon forget!
Well I had forgot until today my Annversery is also that weekend so I guess we need to host birthday parties and annversries on the same weekend as a group LOL.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM
zx250
JD, I've got Jim and J-L in 79 per the campground. Ya'll sharing?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by spdmpo
There's some great wheeling out there too, if I knew someone else was bringing a Jeep or 4wd I'd bring mine and do some trail riding for a day.
Any quad trails? I'm up for some quad riding, but I've got nothing I'd want to go wheeling with as far as bigger vehicles.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket
Any quad trails? I'm up for some quad riding, but I've got nothing I'd want to go wheeling with as far as bigger vehicles.
You all probably don't have any sand out there huh?

Name:  IMG_1008.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  331.3 KB

Old 06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Jason if I had a bigger one you would be welcome to stay with me but I only have two bunks. Have you tried renting from Model Rentals From Tennessee RV Sales and Service I know you mentioned it last year they would probably give you a great rate and you could stay at the camp ground.
Thank you JD, that is a distinct possibility. We are looking at buying a used TT but if that doesn't happen, I will definitely go that route. I think that it may be the best way to go. I won't have to pull it all the way down there, I can just pick it up local, then tow it to the site...interesting.

Originally Posted by nissandoc
I have room for two and was gonna offer. It would be real cramped with four. Sorry. Do you have something worked out yet?
I thank you very much for the offer. I don't yet, but JD has given me a solution. I am going to talk with the wife about it tonight.

It's Jason's sons birthday on the Saturday we will be there.
His birthday is the 9th which is that Sunday. It will be a great birthday I'm sure.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:14 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
At least not with an ocean next to the sand

Quick Reply: Riffraff East Head Count Thread