Sure rub it in slacker.
Hi Marty.

Gotta rub while I can.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zip
Good for you Jason. Wish my contacts here would give me a side job. Designing a house would be kind of neet. If I did it it would have a humongus garage/shop small kitchen and big entertainment room.
Are you at the usual spot you camp at by the river?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Saleenguy
Well that sounds great Jason.

Whom did you used to work for?
Same sort of thing you do now?
I used to work for McElhanney Consulting. They do mostly transportation stuff. Hwy design, bridging, contract admin, surveying, materials testing, Mine survicing/access. I started out as a survey organizer managing a team of 13 surveyors divided into 5 crews; we worked out of a fly camp north of Stewart. Then I transitioned into bridge design/drafting and materials testing.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Thats really cool Jason, you are so young, and yet have already done so much.

Its a real compliment to you also that they want you back on their team.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:17 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
:
Its a real compliment to you also that they want you back on their team.
I am a jack of all trades. master of none

I would be working for them, but there was alot of turmoil in the local office when I graduated from University and my contract was up, so I chose to go to a more stable company.

Sounds like you have done a few different things too.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by J_E_Summit
:

I am a jack of all trades. master of none

I would be working for them, but there was alot of turmoil in the local office when I graduated from University and my contract was up, so I chose to go to a more stable company.

Sounds like you have done a few different things too.
Ya I to have had many different jobs, I was a truck driverhauling gravel, fuel, and logs, tried to survive as motocross and crosscountry motorcycle racer but had to stop as it paid to little then, pilot for a short while ( wish I still was but lost my commercial ticket due to health) , auto mechanic, parts counter guy, pulled chokers and bucked for a year, ran my own large shredding company, operated equipment, drove bus for 1 week and quit i hated it so bad, and now own a fab shop/ powersports repair/ specialty building of sleds and bikes to.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:32 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
My dad taught me how to operate various pieces of equipment like hoe, cat, loader, bobcat, and packer. The only one I every worked any time on was compacters, and they insanly boring. I have awlays entertained the idea of getting my dad to teach me how to drive those pesky 18speeds so I could get my class 1.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
My dad taught me how to operate various pieces of equipment like hoe, cat, loader, bobcat, and packer. The only one I every worked any time on was compacters, and they insanly boring. I have awlays entertained the idea of getting my dad to teach me how to drive those pesky 18speeds so I could get my class 1.

The modern truck trannies are so easy to shift its nothing.
the old 2 stick jobbies were a lot harder, I for a summer drove a 4 & 4 and wow that was a learning experience, now they all seem easy in comparison.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Are you at the usual spot you camp at by the river?
Yep the usual spot. Sitting outside under the awning watching the river go by. It's dropped 2-3' over the last couple weeks. A couple more weeks and it should be good for some fishing.

We may be heading to chase for a couple nights in a couple weeks to camp with some family, most likely the longest trip we will take this year.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Zip
Yep the usual spot. Sitting outside under the awning watching the river go by. It's dropped 2-3' over the last couple weeks. A couple more weeks and it should be good for some fishing.

We may be heading to chase for a couple nights in a couple weeks to camp with some family, most likely the longest trip we will take this year.

That sounds nice Chris.

Hey let me know when you will be in Chase, i will try and ZIP up on the motorbike and say hi for an hour or so.
Its really not far for me at all.

Gosh I like my new keyboard, it works so fluidly.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Ya I to have had many different jobs, I was a truck driverhauling gravel, fuel, and logs, tried to survive as motocross and crosscountry motorcycle racer but had to stop as it paid to little then, pilot for a short while ( wish I still was but lost my commercial ticket due to health) , auto mechanic, parts counter guy, pulled chokers and bucked for a year, ran my own large shredding company, operated equipment, drove bus for 1 week and quit i hated it so bad, and now own a fab shop/ powersports repair/ specialty building of sleds and bikes to.
Well you guys got me beat. I can run a loader from my early days in the mill. Once I got out of school I started wrenching. I got laid off and never finished my apprenticeship. Went to work in the mill and was making good money. Of course good money meant toys which ment bills which ment that I got myself stuck there.

I've been thinking about taking a locksmithing course for a bit. Just something that might keep me occupied. My retirement job if I had one would probably be behind some Ma&Pa's parts counter in some little town.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
My dad has awlays talked about doing the same thing, because he is tired of driving truck.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Flying_Dutchman
Posting Guru
Evenin BC, just poppin in before I head out for a ride. I missed a lot of chat today by the look of things.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
Enjoy the ride Pete.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:45 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello again, ride on Pete and Hi Jason!!

Quick Reply: BC Chapter June All Topics/bs Thread All Welcome