An April BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:34 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
An April BS thread

Hey guys! What is going on?

My trip to SpaceCamp was a blast!!! DId an oil change on the Ranger today before the weather turned again.

WHat about you guys??

Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Been busy this week. Nothing today so far though. But I didn't get home till 3am this morning, so a day off won't upset me.

Question, Did UK do good hiring Calipari for basketball coach?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:50 AM
KingRanchMan02
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's hope so! My truck is in the body shop getting damage fixed from the ice storm back in January. Check out my photo album to see pictures of damage to my truck, my wifes car and general pictures around my house.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Not much here, this stupid weather is really getting to me. Wish it would get warm and stay there till deer season!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by KingRanchMan02
Let's hope so! My truck is in the body shop getting damage fixed from the ice storm back in January. Check out my photo album to see pictures of damage to my truck, my wifes car and general pictures around my house.
Those are some ugly pictures. I assume you live a little bit south of Louisville? I have been down the BG and WK Parkways, and that is where I assume the center of the damage was done, going both north and south of the parkways. I know Hodgensville and Madisonville were hit hard. You could pretty much draw a line straight across the middle of the state from Paducah to Louisa, and that would probably pretty much be the center of the storm. I took hwy 245 from I-65 to Bardstown and that road was a mess. It will take a long time to clean all that up, if it ever gets done. Looking back into the woods as you drive, and you can see that walking through the woods would be a challenge with all the branches on the ground. Hope you get your truck back soon.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 AM
KingRanchMan02
Posting Guru

Yes, I live near the Jefferson Mall. There is still a lot of mess around here. The Mayor is working to get all of peoples debris picked up from the curbside for the entire county but progress is really slow. They are going to have to kick it up to get it all done by Derby time.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:47 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Today is the 35th year anniversary of the tornadoes that ripped through the midwest. Xenia, Oh I guess was the worst town hit that day. I was 9 years old when that happened. Yesterday while driving through Louisville, I was listening to 84WHAS and they were talking about their helecopter traffic reporter that day that followed the tornado that went through Louisville. Apparently, he stayed about a mile behind it and gave an on going report as to where it was, and where it was headed. Now that would have been an adreneline rush!

http://www.april31974.com/

Found this link.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:12 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Actually, I just got a call from the Florence T/A, so it looks like I'm working today. Any of you local guys want to see what it is I do, I'll be there buy about 12:15pm today. Takes me about 2-3 hours to do a job. It is inside too.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 AM
KingRanchMan02
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Today is the 35th year anniversary of the tornadoes that ripped through the midwest. Xenia, Oh I guess was the worst town hit that day. I was 9 years old when that happened. Yesterday while driving through Louisville, I was listening to 84WHAS and they were talking about their helecopter traffic reporter that day that followed the tornado that went through Louisville. Apparently, he stayed about a mile behind it and gave an on going report as to where it was, and where it was headed. Now that would have been an adreneline rush!

April 3, 1974 - The Tornado Super Outbreak

Found this link.
I was a senior in high school when that happened.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:01 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Actually, I just got a call from the Florence T/A, so it looks like I'm working today. Any of you local guys want to see what it is I do, I'll be there buy about 12:15pm today. Takes me about 2-3 hours to do a job. It is inside too.
Turned out to be a false alarm.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:28 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad I didn't run over there lol. I got to watch a twister about 10 yrs ago. I still lived up north near bowling green Ohio at the time with the ex. It passed about a mile north west of us. She was going crazy cuz I was standing in the backyard watching it tear things up lol. Man I don't miss that flat ground and being able to see for miles in all directions lol. Kentucky home sweet home Kentucky.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
I think that Calipari hiring should be a good thing, he is a more proven coach even if it was a CUSA team. Hopefully he will have success in the SEC.

Sorry Flo T/A didn't pan out for you, but I just now saw what you had posted

Old 04-08-2009, 10:56 PM
72mach_1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm laid off right now... got bored and built a 68 Bronco out of spare parts I had in the garage...... got a total of 65 bucks in it as it sits right now...... just got to redo the brake system, and throw some tires on it.... and it's ready to hit the woods...

Old 04-09-2009, 09:26 AM
KingRanchMan02
Posting Guru

It's a shame that you are laid off right now. Way to go on getting the Bronco going!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:17 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
I'm with you there 72mach. being laid off I mean. it bites but I am looking at going back to school here soon.

Quick Reply: An April BS thread