Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

PA March Chat... All B/S Allowed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:44 PM
JesterPgh
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hauled my first real load in the "new" truck today, and can't complain. Bed full of green and rain soaked silver maple about 40 minutes away, truck performed as I had hoped, although I flirted with 1200 degree EGTs for a short period. Also realized, I need some mud terrain tires. Pretty sad I couldn't climb a very slight grade behind the gf's parents house to get the truck up where they usually keep the firewood. Of course, it was pretty soggy today too.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JesterPgh
Hauled my first real load in the "new" truck today, and can't complain. Bed full of green and rain soaked silver maple about 40 minutes away, truck performed as I had hoped, although I flirted with 1200 degree EGTs for a short period. Also realized, I need some mud terrain tires. Pretty sad I couldn't climb a very slight grade behind the gf's parents house to get the truck up where they usually keep the firewood. Of course, it was pretty soggy today too.
Better be careful on that 1200 degrees on the pyrometer. It runs there any real amount of time and you'll be burning that " aluminum fuel ". ( pistons )

I hear ya on the soggy. I've got several loads of quaking ash to haul. It's gotta freeze again or the stuff is gonna sit until early summer.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:39 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I relate to the soggy ground, my son in law brought my daughters not running, they lost the keys to it car over my place to put it on the lot out back. I wasn't here. Since they don't have the keys the wheels are locked up, their bright idea, attach a come along to a tree and ratchet it across the grass. I came home to find very deep tire tracks in my grass and a car still connected to the tree. What a day. I was down my buddies shop checking out the noise coming from my right front wheel, seems my hub locked up. I'm checking prices on line for manual hubs and new bearings for both sides. Since I have to fix it I may as well convert to manual. I remember some one in a post mentioning they bought the Warn heavy duty hubs for 75.00 so I'm looking around for it.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 AM
hapkidoman
Posting Guru
Morning all I was dare to make a post in here with this avatar. Im just bitter because im a Browns fan.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
soondg
Postmaster
That's okay Gary, when you change your avatar it'll change. We take consolation in the fact that Pennsylvania has two pro teams, Nebraska-none, we have the record setting Super Bowl Champions, Nebraska-none. When your the best you have to expect a little criticism from a few sour grapes, we just let it roll off.

Oh! Did I mention, Nebraska has none.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:13 AM
hapkidoman
Posting Guru
You wouldnt know that living here. We think the Huskers are a pro team . At least thats the way everyone acts.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:14 AM
hapkidoman
Posting Guru
I know the Eagles are one pro team whats the name of the other? lol j/k

Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 AM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Hi, all....
Just wanted to let you all know what's happening here in central PA....

Drilled a 1/2 inch hole in my living room wall today. Now I have a weather safety monitor..........

( A piece of 1/2 inch re-rod).

Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe." (1787, Pamphlets on the Constitution of the US)

Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by hapkidoman
Morning all I was dare to make a post in here with this avatar. Im just bitter because im a Browns fan.
I have to offer my sincere apologies to all members of the Pennsylvania chapter... I am the lone Steelers fan in the Nebraska chapter who dared Gary to post here with that goofy avatar of his...

I'm a PA native, born and raised in Latrobe, home of the Steeler's summer training camp. They are trying their best to convert me into a Husker's fan (I guess there is some little university in Nebraska with a football team?)!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:39 AM
hapkidoman
Posting Guru
Well it was a football team this year. The last few years it has been a slaughter house.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 318 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by soondg
I relate to the soggy ground, my son in law brought my daughters not running, they lost the keys to it car over my place to put it on the lot out back. I wasn't here. Since they don't have the keys the wheels are locked up, their bright idea, attach a come along to a tree and ratchet it across the grass. I came home to find very deep tire tracks in my grass and a car still connected to the tree. What a day. I was down my buddies shop checking out the noise coming from my right front wheel, seems my hub locked up. I'm checking prices on line for manual hubs and new bearings for both sides. Since I have to fix it I may as well convert to manual. I remember some one in a post mentioning they bought the Warn heavy duty hubs for 75.00 so I'm looking around for it.
Ouch... that would really peeve me if someone did that to my yard. It is bad enough when I do it myself which reminds me I need to fill in the deep ruts that I left on Friday moving wood before all of the frost came out of the ground

Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 AM
RedUgly77
Postmaster
Originally Posted by soondg
That's okay Gary, when you change your avatar it'll change. We take consolation in the fact that Pennsylvania has two pro teams, Nebraska-none, we have the record setting Super Bowl Champions, Nebraska-none. When your the best you have to expect a little criticism from a few sour grapes, we just let it roll off.

Oh! Did I mention, Nebraska has none.
And we are happy to give you Steve Pederson back by the way!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 AM
JesterPgh
Elder User
Originally Posted by Redcat Diesel
Better be careful on that 1200 degrees on the pyrometer. It runs there any real amount of time and you'll be burning that " aluminum fuel ". ( pistons )

I hear ya on the soggy. I've got several loads of quaking ash to haul. It's gotta freeze again or the stuff is gonna sit until early summer.
Yep, that was my concern, but I did ensure I didn't hang out that high for long. I will say, I was sort of surprised at how freaking fast it climbed up there, but I was able to get it back down almost as fast. I hear we're going to freeze up again here shortly, wonder if it'll last long enough to get the ground hardened up.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I dunno if it's gonna get cold enough for a hard freeze. It take a couple of days or so of below freezing temps to get the ground firmed up. The weather guessers are saying high 40's to low 50's for most of next week.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:03 PM
F250army45d
Elder User
Well if it snows at my house that be just fine with me give me reason to play on the Kubota and enjoy being outside. Snow on the ground means I don't need to buy ice to chill my beer I can use the snow banks I make and on the other side of the yard I can burn all that brush. Hell while I'm at it I would call a few my buddies to help kill the beer lol. Ah well guys I'm sure it will rain my yard will be a swamp I will still drive the Kubota to pull old fence post so Ill be complaining bout ruts in my yard. But heck still work on the truck a bit heated garage great idea lol. Welp guys hope all is well with you later mike.

Quick Reply: PA March Chat... All B/S Allowed!