1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Great Smoky Mountain F-100 Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:16 PM
old uhaul
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,i am hopeing the same for this show as you.Hope to see you at the show to put a face to the name.I have been going to the nats since 1990 and was really turned off about knoxville after 2005
Anthony

Old 05-13-2009, 12:25 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
Glad to find this thread.

I'll be there with my little '66...I hope. It's currently in the body shop and parts and engine pieces are all over the garage. So I gotta bust some tail when the shop gets done with it.

Yeeeeeeeears ago I had my blue '65 at Chimney Rock and used to be a member of the 'Duck Club' so I'm super excited to be a registered participant rather than just a spectator again after all these years. I'm also double barrel excited about it being in Pigeon Forge, like has been stated the Supernats were never the same after they moved.

I saw someone posting with the Non-Profit Truckers logo, are they still together? I'd love to be a member again.

Since my brother and his family are coming along, we're staying at some resort near the golf course or something. [More amenities and activities for his wife and kids.] I read some reviews on the Smokey Shadows and was a little hesitant to stay there, but I can see now it's where I'll be booking next year because hanging out and talking into the evening is always my favorite part of any show.

Oh and yeah, I refuse to go back to the Supernats, too. I wanna go to a TRUCK show, not a truck show with a buncha Mustangs and cars. I'm a TRUCK girl, I wanna lookit trucks.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
You all have a great time at the show. Please post up pics for those of us who cannot attend.

I am still hoping to be able to go to the "Ozarks Run" in Branson, MO this summer.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
Oh I'll take lotsa pics. Are you not gonna be able to make it?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Nope, sorry. Life gets in the way of things sometimes.

Thats both good and bad. Life is going well right now.

Hope your doing well. Catch me on msn messenger sometime.

My kidney is doing great. I had an excellent report two weeks ago. I am just over one year out now.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
Originally Posted by Brian_B
My kidney is doing great. I had an excellent report two weeks ago. I am just over one year out now.
Yay! Glad to hear.

And yeah, I understand about life getting in the way.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
I'll be there to pick brains and pick up parts.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
I have a campsite reserved just behind the hotel. I'll be at the show at least for Friday night and Saturday. I'm of the opinion that nobody will be around Sunday. That's the way the Supernationals used to be. Nobody was in the lot Sunday morning.

Is anyone going to make the BBQ that the show is putting on Friday night. I'm still thinking of registering just to be able to make that.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:07 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
Oh I forgot to include that...

I'm coming in Thursday afternoon-ish and plan on being at the cookout. We'll be leaving Sunday.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

We'll be there!! (God willing) I'm leaving the truck at home (lots of stuff to do to her) But will most likely have my shirt on with a pic of her on it. Just look for the most handsome guy there (stuffing Krispy Kreme's in his mouth) with a shirt on with a pic of a white '56 with turquise fenders/running boards on. I said most handsome, but if I'm hangin around homade it may be hard to tell which one of us is the Most handsome? Maybe we can all make up some name tags so the FTE folks will know who we are? It sounds like there's goin to be ALOT more of us there this year?

Hope to see yall there!! I'm getting EXCITED!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Truxx, man your SICK but at least your truthful, ha ha, we'll be at the cookout. It sure sounds like we're going to have plenty of guys to talk to this year and I want to meet them all. HEY GUYS ,ARE WE GONNA HAVE FUN OR WHAT. See you all there, Garry

Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I seriously doubt that we'll be there, Donna's health is still going downhill. Hope fun is had by all, eat some BBQ for us.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:41 AM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeff, sorry you and Donna won't be at the show, was hoping to meet you.

Garry, If your there it WILL be a fun time, you are a fun guy to be around!

Terry, glad I will get to meet you. looking forward to it. Don't forget the Krispy Kremes.

Brian_B, sounds like you are doing well, thats great news. maybe you can make next years show.

We will be rolling in Thursday afternoon/evening. We are staying at Cold Creek Resort about 4 doors down from Smoky Shadows. We checked it out a few weeks ago when we were down there. I think the rooms were $89 a night. They call there rooms condos but they are more like a hotel room with a stove and fridge.

brian...

Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 AM
EffieFord
Senior User
Originally Posted by Truxx1956
Maybe we can all make up some name tags so the FTE folks will know who we are? It sounds like there's goin to be ALOT more of us there this year?
I won't be hard to spot, I'll be the blonde girl in either a Supernats t-shirt, or a black Ford Country shirt. My truck is a Black '66, Custom Cab Shortbed.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

So, is there anyway at all to count how many of us are goin to be there other than goin back through this thread and writing down each name who says they are definately coming? I cant wait to meet you cats!!! We always have a ball in PF! See Yall there!!!

Quick Reply: Great Smoky Mountain F-100 Run