Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

escape altenator replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:05 AM
kpzrx
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
escape altenator replacement

geeez what a job! after squeezing in the new altenator, it was now time to hook up the battery, upon doing so the 120 fuse immediately blew. after putting in a new fuse and doing the battery cabel thing again the new one blew also. what could be wrong ? have i pinched a wire ? bad alt ? do i have to start all over ?? thanks for any and all advice and will let you all know what i come up with .

Old 01-18-2009, 08:08 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kpzrx
geeez what a job! after squeezing in the new altenator, it was now time to hook up the battery, upon doing so the 120 fuse immediately blew. after putting in a new fuse and doing the battery cabel thing again the new one blew also. what could be wrong ? have i pinched a wire ? bad alt ? do i have to start all over ?? thanks for any and all advice and will let you all know what i come up with .
Any fuse that blows as soon as power is applied means that you have a dead short to ground somewhere.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:27 PM
kpzrx
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
escape alt. replacememt

yes!!! a short it was, thanks ! the little fitting on the end of the wire was a little overrotated ( ?) and making contact with the alum. alt. housing, its now fixed ! thankyou bill ! so now its on to the next issue ........ kpzrx