2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi. New poster with a tech question for you .

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:58 PM
RTRoberto
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. New poster with a tech question for you .

I own an 05 F150, and last Friday I left my ignition on after lowering my windows, and 5 hours later, discovered my battery was too weak to crank the truck.

My brother gave me a jump from his truck, and since then it has been fine except that when I crank the truck up, the little wrench icon thing comes on for a couple of seconds, along with the ABS, seat belt, and other icons that generally come on and then go off.

I'm wondering if the wrench icon has been coming on for a second or two the whole time, and I've just never noticed it, but am noticing now because I was looking for any problem after having run the battery down and jumping it off. As noted, the truck is running fine at idle, and on the road, and the icon doesn't stay on.

If it doesn't generally come on, what is likely causing it, and what can I do to remedy the situation.

Looks like you guys have a nice forum, and a ton of members.

Just for a little background, I'm Robert, am 52, married with children, and have owned a lot of fastback Mustangs. Currently own a 66 GT fastback.

Thanks for any info. I gotta take a shower, and eat a bite, and will check back later.

Thanks.

: )

Old 11-26-2008, 07:03 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE RTRoberto. I believe all of the lights fire up for a second or two, then fade to black. You should only be concerned with illuminated symbols that stay on.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:41 PM
RTRoberto
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WheelMA1
Welcome to FTE RTRoberto. I believe all of the lights fire up for a second or two, then fade to black. You should only be concerned with illuminated symbols that stay on.
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
yep, it's normal for them to show up briefly.

might want to give thought to replacing your battery. it's roughly 4yrs old and winter time. sounds like a perfect recipe for the battery to leave you stranded in BFE