Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shorebird
Good morning Joe.
I just completed my rep run.
Sorry but your turn wasn't today.
I'm wondering about going out and chasing the lawnmower around.
How early is too early?
No worries Bryan...I know you are good for them...as am I with tag backs!

As far as how early is too early...depends on the local ordanances...I'm in a subdivision in the city limits...

When Indiana joined the rest of the world and went to daylight savings time...the city council had to "extend" legal mowing hours (i.e. noise") to 9pm...as far as in the AM...I think it is 8am around here...

Would my neighbors complain?...don't think so...but you never know...

BTW..."noise" also includes snowblowers...however...5am isn't too early when peeps are trying to clear the snow and get to work...if the cops want to show up...they can HELP clear with shovels!...LOL...

Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
No worries Bryan...I know you are good for them...as am I with tag backs!

As far as how early is too early...depends on the local ordanances...I'm in a subdivision in the city limits...

When Indiana joined the rest of the world and went to daylight savings time...the city council had to "extend" legal mowing hours (i.e. noise") to 9pm...as far as in the AM...I think it is 8am around here...

Would my neighbors complain?...don't think so...but you never know...

BTW..."noise" also includes snowblowers...however...5am isn't too early when peeps are trying to clear the snow and get to work...if the cops want to show up...they can HELP clear with shovels!...LOL...
Used to have a next door neighbor with a basically open pipe "look at me because I need attention" black and chrome motorcycle that he would let idle for a while in the driveway. Then on the way out the neighborhood it would rattle all the windows of the homes. I started mowing early Saturday mornings shortly after that. If he doesn't care about others sleeping then I won't be as concerned about his. I was the end house on a dead end street, so he was the only one for the most part that I would annoy.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 AM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Motorcycles early in the morning and late at night can be aggravating, especially when you have sleeping children. One Friday night, the family was away and the closest neighbors had a big late night party with fireworks, several very load motorcycles etc and they went at it till 4am. I had 7 of my buddies over a 0500 and we proceeded to have a range day party at the house! Thousands of rounds of ammo went down range till about 1400.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
BTW..."noise" also includes snowblowers...however...5am isn't too early when peeps are trying to clear the snow and get to work.
Snowblowers? Clear the snow???

Stewart

Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Suburban_B_Gone
Postmaster
The Saturday afternoon reps are out.

Have a good weekend.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:00 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

Stewart
I was wondering what he was talking about myself.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:07 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by archtaan
Motorcycles early in the morning and late at night can be aggravating, especially when you have sleeping children. One Friday night, the family was away and the closest neighbors had a big late night party with fireworks, several very load motorcycles etc and they went at it till 4am. I had 7 of my buddies over a 0500 and we proceeded to have a range day party at the house! Thousands of rounds of ammo went down range till about 1400.
Cops rolled up to one of the parties I attended a couple of weeks ago. Think.... rolling hill farm country NW Illinois. We were doing a lot of shootin'. Lots of semi-auto's. The guys house that we were at pulled out an AK47. Fun stuff. It is about 8:30pm. Getting pretty dark outside. So anyway... the cops role up. We are guessing that the disgruntled neighbor, about half a mile away called it in saying that we had full auto weapons going off whizzing over his head... which was not possible. So you can imagine what these two cops are thinking as they come pulling up in front of the house. Thinking they are going up against some drunk idiots shooting guns with no backup around for miles. They see about 10-15 cars in the driveway and parked up in the yard. Trying to figure out vantage points if things go bad. As they get out of their cars they stand down at the end of the lane talking. We were done shooting at this time because it was getting dark. As they come strolling up the drive way with their hands on there guns and flashlights out. About that time they noticed the big silver van parked in the driveway that says Old Paths Baptist Church. I can imagine the sigh and the smiles at each one had on their faces. Then they see all the kids... wives... soda cans...... A quick inspection of some guns and off they went. I am sure that story will be going around the office for a while. LOL

Old 04-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Cops came on us once for those exploding targets you shoot with a high powered rifle. we were in the middle of a 300 acre farm. Neighbors thought it was dynamite. He just told us to lay low the rest of the day but we weren't breaking any laws.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:09 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

Stewart
Originally Posted by shorebird
I was wondering what he was talking about myself.
Fair weather pansies!

BTW...I shovel snow in shorts and a tee shirt...

You guys ever hear of ice fishing?

Last winter I deer hunted and it was 7°F when I left the truck at 6:30am...5.5 hours later at noon when I went back to the truck for some lunch it was 11°...a HEAT WAVE!!!...I was warm and toasty...just have to dress properly in weather like that!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:09 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Is it just me or is FTE EXTREMELY slow today???

Old 04-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Is it just me or is FTE EXTREMELY slow today???
I think you are correct sir.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:39 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
10 out here! Have a great weekend all!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
c125bob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're right, it is slow today. Pretty weather, Turkey Season, everybody is out doing stuff !! Got all mine out here and am settling in for the race. Cold beer, AC, and good company ! Rep on Brothers !!!

Quick Reply: OT Chat, Cheap Thoughts and Bon Mots