Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BFG A/Ts suck

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 01:24 AM
TheTinian
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still say they are a good tire. They are a litte overpriced, but I bought mine at cost $174 for 315/75/16 which isnt bad. Seems as though everyone on here is comparing an AT to a MT or even a Bogger. Come on now, compare a BFG AT to any other AT out there. I think that it is probably one of the best AT's out there. So what they are designed for they do NOT suck, they are actually pretty damn good. Like I said before, you want off-road performance buy an OFF-ROAD tire.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:26 AM
351slug
Elder User
I think All-Terrain is the wrong name for the tire. Its more like Some-Terrain. S/T

Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a set on a 85 f150 (they were on it when I bought it.) I did not like them on that truck. Of course I was 18 and wanted to put the truck in places where Boggers wouldn't go.

I have a set on my wifes 05 Excursion. Again they were on it when I bought it.

They are a good tire for highway use. I have also found that they do good in loose sand. I would not buy them because of the price. I also know that they are a 40 to 50K mile tire.

I will say that they are a good tires for 90% of the people that buy them. Honestly most of those trucks won't leave the black top. I will leave them on my wifes EX untill it need new tires. (that will be a while) Also I wouldn't think about puting them on my truck. My Superduty has 315-70-16 Cooper SST's. My F150 has 36" TSL's.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 351slug
I think All-Terrain is the wrong name for the tire. Its more like Some-Terrain. S/T
I FULLY agree with that!!!!
Rep to you!!!!!

They simply are not an all terrain tire, the suck in just about any terrain ive used them on minus the gravel roads...

Old 09-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Ingolf
Freshman User
Not to **** on anyone's parade here.

But i had a set on my Chevy and they were amazing, granted i didn't do any serious off-roading, but i don't remember getting stuck once during the winter, or anywhere work had taken me throughout the summer..

i miss that truck..and those tires *tear*

Old 09-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Ingolf
Freshman User
Originally Posted by UTfball68
Exactly...you didn't do anything hardcore (every tire has it's place)...and it was on a chevy so you wouldn't know any better anyways. Looks like the fine beginning of a worthy mall crawler. And how can you not remember if you got stuck or not...either you did or didn't. I do have to give you props though...those A/T's look like they're dominating that dirt path.

i apologize for not driving a truck older then my grandpa, and subsequently having to get it stuck to somehow feel "cool" and then post about it later.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Truckin4life
if you ain't gettin stuck you're not wheeling hard enough and surely aren't learning.
i agree with that!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Ingolf
Freshman User
No problem...not everyone can handle old steel. And if you ain't gettin stuck you're not wheeling hard enough and surely aren't learning.

that makes no sense, if i'm not getting stuck. that means i've learnt what to do so i don't get stuck..

Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Truckin4life
Hmmmm....
I can see that... After MANY years of wheeling, the EXACT same rig... If you dont push your limits, than you wont know what your capable of, and you wont learn anything new...

If you push your limits, you will push them to far, and get stuck... Its a learning process... Make mods, push your limits farther, get stuck find out what rig is capable off, then repeat...

If your not getting stuck, you either own the baddest rig on the planet, or your not pushing you and your rigs capabilities...

Also, i am going to be kinda and ask that you drop the attitude, that crap dont fly well around here.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Ingolf
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Truckin4life
Hmmmm....
I can see that... After MANY years of wheeling, the EXACT same rig... If you dont push your limits, than you wont know what your capable of, and you wont learn anything new...

If you push your limits, you will push them to far, and get stuck... Its a learning process... Make mods, push your limits farther, get stuck find out what rig is capable off, then repeat...

If your not getting stuck, you either own the baddest rig on the planet, or your not pushing you and your rigs capabilities...

Also, i am going to be kinda and ask that you drop the attitude, that crap dont fly well around here.
i posted my personal opinion and then i have some hilbilly telling me i don't know how to drive? **** that if i'll take that one laying down

Old 09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Truckin4life
once again with that attitude....... He posted his opinion as well.... Public forum if you dont like it feel free to leave.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Ingolf
i posted my personal opinion and then i have some hilbilly telling me i don't know how to drive? **** that if i'll take that one laying down

I'm opposed to the 10 character limit... and to the ban on white text.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Ingolf
Freshman User
i love my attitude

Old 09-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Truckin4life
Originally Posted by Ingolf
i love my attitude
well feel free to keep your attitude, then when you show how *"intelligent" you are to someone trying to help you and give you some good advice, dont come back here crying when they tell you to put 44" tires on your dana 44... Your time will come, im not worried...

also....

Feel free to take your billy badass self somewhere else, we dont need you or your bs around here... If you feel like growing up and having an adult conversation, feel free to come back.

* secret meaning... Cocky, ignorant and generally having no idea whats going on in the real world.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Truckin4life
Wow...hillbilly huh, guess it's better than being a pu$$y that doesn't wheel his rig. And before you go calling people hillbillies, please figure out that "learnt" isn't a word...it's "learned" (reference to post #120). And Truckin nailed it, keep building and pushing the limits and you'll get stuck...so when you decide to get off the training potty and go wheeling with the big boys you'll learn that BFG A/T's won't cut it. This is an OFFROAD forum discussing how BFG A/T's won't cut it on the real offroad, not dirt paths, not gravel, not wet grass. And yes...you're a little too new to have an attitude like that...it's a really good way to make people not want to help you.
I dont mind being called a hillbilly dont matter what ya call me, as long as you dont call me in late for dinner!!!!

lol...

Quick Reply: BFG A/Ts suck